Fuji Nikon d7000 vs Fujifilm x100 vs x100s vs x pro 1?

Reiva

I curently own a d7000 and really enjoy shooting with it, but I find myself not wanting to carry it around with me all the time, so I almost never bring it with me. I don't want like a pocket size, but just like to bring with me to school and stuff, and the Fujifilm cameras are the perfect size. I really love the optical/electronic viewfinder and love the sensors in the Fuji x series, especially in the x pro 1. The new x100s is supposed to have a better sensor thatn the x pro 1 though. The thing is I don't have alot of money, so I'd need to sell my d7000 (It's in amazing condition.)
Should I sell it for an x100 or wait for the x100s to be released, or what? Are they worth it? Thanks

smile.gif

I curently own a d7000 and really enjoy shooting with it, but I find myself not wanting to carry it around with me all the time, so I almost never bring it with me. I don't want like a pocket size, but just like to bring with me to school and stuff, and the Fujifilm cameras are the perfect size. I really love the optical/electronic viewfinder and love the sensors in the Fuji x series, especially in the x pro 1. The new x100s is supposed to have a better sensor thatn the x pro 1 though. The thing is I don't have alot of money, so I'd need to sell my d7000 (It's in amazing condition.)
Should I sell it for an x100 or wait for the x100s to be released, or what? Are they worth it? Thanks

The X100S has already been released a while ago.. unless you meant X200? :confused:

I would take the xPro1 out of the running and replace it with a XE2. For the x100/s you have the TW and tc converters to give you three different focal lengths for more versatility. If you need more lens options then the XE2 would be the better choice so you can get all the focal lengths you need for your shooting.

Hi Reiva,

I've had my XE2/18-55 less than a month, still getting used to using the EVF but loving the fact that it's half the size and half the weight of my D7000 with an 18-135 but still delivers first class photos. I find myself taking the XE2 out and using it, something the Nikon doesn't get much of these days.

I used the X100 for little over two years, really loved the thing. Today I upgraded into the X100s, quicker more solid version of the original.

To me, the Nikon is a different camera, it is much bigger.

I had the XE-2 for some months, but I felt it lost that portability I loved in the X100. Not really the body, more the size of the lenses.

It all depends on your needs, if portability and style is not an issue, keep the D7000. If you are cool with a 35mm prime, X100/x100s is the king. You could also hit that middle road with a XE-2 or Pro-1, all depends on your needs and preferences.

Hope my thoughts helped!

EB

Back