Leica Nikon DC lens on an M?

VINCETAN

Top Veteran
Just wondering if there is anyone here who have tried using a Nikon 135mm or 105mm DC lens with their M 240? I just received my M 240 and decided to dump my Nikon setup and just use the Leica exclusively. The 135mm f2.0 DC lens however was such a fun lens to use. I am thinking of just keeping it to use with the M.

The D800e is going! WOW!

I do not have the M240, or the 135/2.0 DC, BUT if I did, it is such a unique lens- I would keep it and use it!

Did you get the Electronic viewfinder? I've read that the Olympus EVF-2 works perfectly with the M240.

I am still recovering from the shock that I actually got the M 240 in my hands. Considering that I did not place any advance order and actually paid retail (less any tax) for it. I guess I really have a good relationship with my Leica dealer. Anyway, I have not purchased a VF yet but if I do, I will get the Oly since it is half the price. I might also get the silver version to have a panda look on my black M :) I did preorder a silver one not too long ago and will sell the black when the silver show up. I just don't like how quickly the black paint wears off on the Leica body. Love the look but hate how it scratches and brass. Silver Chrome is so much stronger although the new one is not as good as the old M3 or M4 body.

Yeah, I plan to keep 2 lenses. The Zeiss 100 MP ZF.2 and the 135mm DC. I just ordered the adapter for Nikon to Leica M too. Can't wait to try the DC on the M. I got superb result from the DC lens when used with the D800e.

Finally got a chance to take a couple of quick snap with the M 240 and the 135mm DC. First off, I guess I am not used to the ergonomics of using the LV and the big lens. I just find it very unbalanced to use this setup, maybe I am not used to it yet. I am also trying to take picture indoor during dinner time with poor lighting. So here is the a shot at ISO 3200. Still need to practice to get more efficient with this camera. I can also feel the weight of this camera even with the 50 Summilux ASPH but at least, it is a lot more balanced.View attachment 1146

Attachments

• M2400711.jpg
    M2400711.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 160
There is a reason why I stick with a rangefinder camera, despite decades of using SLR's.... "Hand/Eye Feedback Loop" is easy.

Yeah, I was really hoping that the 135 DC will flow well with the M but LV is just not natural for me right now. I will try it later with the EVF but so far, not liking it much. The balance is completely off with the 135mm. The result was not what I expected as well but again, the lighting, surrounding, etc were not ideal. Will try it again next time outdoor and see how it looks with the EVF.

Back