Nikon Nikon Df

And one more, from across the Betsy Ross Bridge in New Jersey, hand-held at about 50 MPH through a slightly dirty car window.

Reminds me of the album cover from Pink Floyd's Animals (Battersea Power Station in London on the Thames). This one is on the Delaware, but probably just as old and just as abandoned.

34687860524_b78894dec2_z.jpg
DSC_1110
by Andrew F, on Flickr

Df is indeed a beautiful camera. However I sold it last summer to get 5d iv. Didn't plan to keep it as I don't want to have multiple system sitting there unused. I still miss it.

I was never able to bond with Canon DSLRs. I've owned several, and dumped them.

My main love is Nikon, but lately I've been dabbling in the Sony series, namely an A7 and an A7II.

In Nikon camp I only like Df. I have tried D810 in the past and wasn't impressed by its IQ apart from pixel count. Color is rather dull unless I mount it on tripod...Df, on the other hand, is almost perfect for handheld shooting. I only dislike its AA filter and somewhat less impressive AF module.

I have tried all major brands. Basically each camera is different and I now can use anything. Canon and Leica happen to provide me some convenience PP my shots. I know spend way less time PP my shots and I am very happy with results. No regrets here.

I wonder how would Canikon's mirrorless look like. I decided not to buy Sony a while ago due to non-camera related reason.

5D IV with kit lens. I wasn't familiar with Canon settings at the time. I can do better now with improved understanding of the camera and a 24-70 L II :)

35524199056_601132b0fc_h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back