Film Nikon F3hp

The last genuine Nikon F series camera I used, and still the best if Japanese optics are your thing
DSCN2824.JPG

Indeed Joe, you'll notice on the image a Nikkor 35mm f2.8 shift lens, I can highly recommend this lens to you, I found it so useful in many situations, not least for correcting verticals?
I've been considering a 35mm f2. I also really like the Voitlander 40mm f2. Very compact, sharp and looks wonderful.

I've been considering a 35mm f2. I also really like the Voitlander 40mm f2. Very compact, sharp and looks wonderful.
The 40mm is a beautiful focal length Joe, I used to have a 40mm Summicron on a Leica CL I had and found it very useable. I have also always admired H. Cartier-Bressons minimalist approach to photography, the one camera one lens principle, I do believe that sometimes we are over-geared in our approach.

The 40mm is a beautiful focal length Joe, I used to have a 40mm Summicron on a Leica CL I had and found it very useable. I have also always admired H. Cartier-Bressons minimalist approach to photography, the one camera one lens principle, I do believe that sometimes we are over-geared in our approach.
Agreed. I own only two lenses for my two Nikon slrs, 28mm & 50mm. Keeping it simple.

I know Joe, it's so tempting, photographic equipment is a bit like that, I'm a bit the same with watches but I have now given my JLC Reverso to our Daughter so I just have a Submariner which I bought last year, and that feels OK
Wouldn't you know it, just hours after our conversation above, I grabbed a 40mm on ebay. Three lenses, all I need is three lenses....

Looks good Joe, and thank you for the info re scanners, it could take me a while to get around to it. I have a 24mm and 72mm Voigtlander M lenses which are OK, but I guess I am spoilt with Leica M lenses and also I like the German effect of a lens compared to the Japanese effect. Interestingly, I recently bought a Carl Zeiss Sonnar 35mm f2.8 lens for my a7Rll and was a little disappointed to find that it was Zeiss Japan, but having used it, I quite like it. I could bore you to tears with German V Japan optics but I won't- Regards

Back