Fuji Nikon lens

Hi,
I am waiting for my XT-2 to arrive, hopefully this week. I am looking for a recommendation on what adapter to purchase so that I could use some of my Nikon lens with my new Fuji camera.
Thanks for the help.

The very best advice I can give is DON'T BUY A CHEAP ONE. Novoflex is very good, as is Kipon. There are a few others made to a high standard. Cheap ones are built to sloppy tolerances, don't fit well and may contain swarf (I have seen examples of all of the above).

I was thinking of purchasing Metabones speed adapter. Pricing for Metabones starts at around $100 and up to $500. Not sure what the difference is between the adapters.

Metabones quality is good. The price difference is that some are straight rings and others are "speed boosters" with glass elements to "correct" the focal length of the lens back to its 35mm frame equivalent. Thus a 50mm Nikkor would be a 75mm fov with a pass through adaptor and a "35mm" with a 50mm fov with a Metabones speed booster. You are paying more for that.

Personally, and having done a lot with adaptors when I first swopped to Fuji, I'd move to native glass asap unless there is a particular look or rendition delivered by a legacy lens that you really, really like.

I agree based on similar experience. But, with that said. I do still have adapters for Canon fd, Minolta, and Pentax in case I ever film any indie shorts with my friends.

There are some focal lengths and purposes that you might find a good fit with legacy glass. Portrait, for example. If that's something you only shoot once in awhile, and for fun, and you like a softer look, then any old 50-55mm f1.4-1.7 ish lens on an adaptor might fit the bill nicely, for cheap $. In other words, perhaps the $800 for a new XF56 f1.2 with autofocus isn't money well spent, if you're going to shoot 100 frames a year with it.

Back