Fuji Showcase Nikon nikkor-p 105mm f2.5

cwolffensperger

Regular
Oct 26, 2013
Iceland
Chris Wolffensperger
Recently just bumped into this lens in a second hand store, with a F2 photomatic as bodycap for only 20 euro.. So just bought it and tried it on my X-E1 yesterday. Didn't shoot a lot with it yet, but right now I'm actually impressed! Centre is really sharp, corners a bit soft, but pleasant. Things get even better if you stop down one or two f-stops. Really pleasant bokeh too. And the colours... just wonderful!
The images below are all JPEG SOOC, either velvia or Pro Neg Hi. And I still gotta practice on the manual focus....

Cheers and a happy Easter to all!
View attachment 3628

View attachment 3629

View attachment 3630

View attachment 3631

View attachment 3632

View attachment 3633

Attachments

Kay

Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
An F2 Photomic with a 105 for 20 € ??? Congrats ! Is everything working fine and the glass OK ? Just wondering ...

cwolffensperger

Regular
Oct 26, 2013
Iceland
Chris Wolffensperger
Yes, and I was surprised too! And all seems to work fine, and for the glass you can see the results above! I also shot one roll of film, so curious how it looks!

Kay

Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
It's a really nice camera indeed..., but heavy ;-)!
Your series from Iceland reminded me of one my trips there when I crossed the island with more than 30kg on my back. Around one fifth of that weight had Nikon written on it. Heck, I haven't seen the slides and negatives (and countless others) for more than twelve years. Can't even say I care, lol, but those old Nikons are mighty fine cameras indeed and my eyes and fingers sure miss them a lot. Have fun with yours !

pfogle

May 17, 2014
Well, I gotta say I'm jealous! This lens is one of the all-time classic portrait lenses for 35mm. I haven't owned one for 20 years, but you've inspired me to look out for another!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom