Nikon Showcase Nikon Nikkor Z 40mm F2

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Name
John
An affordable "normal" with a little aperture speed in a compact size with decent performance.

DSC_1118.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_1117-2.jpg

Many folks using this lens? Are they happy with it? Any more wide-open shots?
It may be my favorite Z lens. It has perhaps the (very subjective) best character of all of the z lenses. It delivers images with a rather filmic look, which I prefer to the more clinically sharp digital look most of the other Z lenses produce. Thus the 40 is my default lens for general everyday personal work and travel.

It may be my favorite Z lens. It has perhaps the (very subjective) best character of all of the z lenses. It delivers images with a rather filmic look, which I prefer to the more clinically sharp digital look most of the other Z lenses produce. Thus the 40 is my default lens for general everyday personal work and travel.

Agree. If you need primes that are well corrected, behaved and clinically sharp, then look to the f/1.8 or wider aperture ones.

If you want a small, fast, light and a lens with character, then the f/2, f/2.8 primes are excellent performers and well worth the value price they ask for new, let alone the bargain they are used.

My one and only shot for today. Not my best work, but it is with the 40mm f/2 wide open. Uncropped, SOOC JPG. A new coffee/wine shop just opened up in a neighboring town. The dogs and I walk here often.
Focus was on the '&' in the white sign above the door.

09-21-2023_quick_zfc_DSC_7896.jpg

Back