Nikon Nikon P610 Shots

Figured it must be time to show some more stuff. I've tended to use the P610 nearly exclusively of late. Its light, easy to use, and I don't even care much that it doesn't shoot RAW, because it seems to me that what it produces is very workable in one's various apps.

The following are all shot in and around my front yard. Not getting out much.

22938541996_76ea5cff2a_b.jpg
Bob, or Betty.

by Sue Wotton, on Flickr

22931774529_1acbd58fc4_b.jpg
Rainbird (Koel)

by Sue Wotton, on Flickr

23275432422_2fa3ef4d49_b.jpg
Bath time

by Sue Wotton, on Flickr

22755461423_1fd27188a8_b.jpg
Red Wattlebird

by Sue Wotton, on Flickr

Just can't help myself. These noisy little beggars are out at the water tray every day, but this particular little fellow just loves his bath more than the others. He jumps in and out many many times until he turns into a fluffball...

This was his second dip:

image.jpeg

And this was about his 7th or 8th.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Also, just for edification, for those of you who don't realise just how large a sulphur crested cockatoo really is: Here's the full size shot of the previously cropped and edited cocky... That is full size in relation to the rock he's standing on. If we had the cockatoo and the noisy miner side by side, the miner would not even reach the cocky's shoulder. Maybe if he stretched up to be tall :)

Wonderful shots! Especially the fog shot, great work! Thanks for sharing Sue.
Are you (as I am) addicted to zoom? Just wonder.

I'm addicted for some things, Herman. I try to get as close as I can to the birds, but without a zoom (or at least a long prime) Most shots would be a little blob in the middle of a massive landscape. And, since I cannot afford the $3k+ to get the long prime, I need to use a zoom... and since I can't afford a long zoom with a constant aperture, I make do with my superzooms :) I don't much like zooming for landscapes. Seems to be not much point to that.

View attachment 26718 Also, just for edification, for those of you who don't realise just how large a sulphur crested cockatoo really is: Here's the full size shot of the previously cropped and edited cocky... That is full size in relation to the rock he's standing on. If we had the cockatoo and the noisy miner side by side, the miner would not even reach the cocky's shoulder. Maybe if he stretched up to be tall :)

I've never met a cockatoo who didn't love to have their head and neck scratched.

I'm addicted for some things, Herman. I try to get as close as I can to the birds, but without a zoom (or at least a long prime) Most shots would be a little blob in the middle of a massive landscape. And, since I cannot afford the $3k+ to get the long prime, I need to use a zoom... and since I can't afford a long zoom with a constant aperture, I make do with my superzooms :) I don't much like zooming for landscapes. Seems to be not much point to that.

Superzooms also cut down on the cost of having a "lens bearer" to tote around that massive, heavy, telephoto prime.

Cheers, Jock

Back