Nikon Nikon teaser video for a new MILC...

I have a lot of Nikkor glass gathered over many years, and it hasn’t seen much use with my Df.
My fault, since M43 and Leica grabbed my interest.

I am looking forward to this release as this potentially is a replacement for my Df.
Seems the teaser is at least generating interest by those who are in the camera buying demographic.

Last edited:
I have ~20 Nikkor lenses in Leica mount for the M9 and M Monochrom, and many times that in F-mount. They see a lot of use on the Df. I really need to start shooting more film to use the S-mount. I've shot with Nikkor lenses and Nikon cameras for over 40 years now- I hope they pull off a winner.

Current rumors updates... Expecting more leaks over the next few days as the camera/ lens info makes it to distributors. 24-70/4, 50/1.8 and 35/1.8 lenses to be announced with the cameras, with the Noct and a 24mm announced later. Among a few other rumors about sensor performance and the F adapter.

We'll know for sure Wednesday/ Thursday. And Canon is rumored to be making an announcement on FF MILC this year.

More Nikon mirrorless camera rumors: free adapter, better sensor than the D850, shipping starts in November | Nikon Rumors

List of Nikon Z-Nikkor mirrorless lenses to be announced next week + Z to F lens adapter info | Nikon Rumors

[devils advocate] Remember the DL series. Remember the Nikon 1 Series. Abandoned. [/devils advocate]

Yeah - I was really looking forward to seeing reviews on that 24-85 DL.

We'll soon see if Nikon is phoning it in, or making a serious attempt.

Happened to see these two news items on dpreview's front page:
dpreview 50pct.jpg

So Nikon is only 10 years late with what could be a serious mirrorless offering. I started out in mirrorless in 2009 with the Panasonic G1 and that went so well for me that I sold my Nikon D300s and all lenses within a year after the purchase of the G1. And Nikon now starts out like any other mirrorless entrant, with one or two bodies and a few lenses, three to start with if the rumors are correct. It'll take them years probably before they'll have a mature system. And I don't count adapting F-mount lenses as a real option, unless Nikon succeeds in getting it perfectly right, i.e. no performance nor functionality penalties with autofocus.

Back