Nikon Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8

Name
Matt
Nikon version of a very popular Tamron lens ...

Very welcome. I'll stick with my 14-30mm f/4 S, but I can see this being very popular.

M.

If that is a version of the Tamron, then it really should be a brilliant performer. At least the Tamron branded version for Sony is an excellent lens that's every bit as good optically - if not better - as my former Canon EF 16-35 f/4 L. But how come they're branded Nikkors?

If that is a version of the Tamron, then it really should be a brilliant performer. At least the Tamron branded version for Sony is an excellent lens that's every bit as good optically - if not better - as my former Canon EF 16-35 f/4 L. But how come they're branded Nikkors?
I believe they're branded Nikkor because while the design is probably 100% Tamron, Nikon will take care of building, warrantying and servicing them?

emorgan451

Regular
Name
Eli
They also should have the nikon native AF protocol. Which to me is a real plus and probably woth the bit of extra premium over Tamron branded. A nikon update won't break the lens AF like a reverse engineered protocol from 3rd party has the potential for.

Nikon also could be using it as a way to expand the lineup in non-S more quickly without having to do as much R&D.