Fuji Nissin i40 for Fujifilm

kaito

Regular
Name
Dave
Looks like a good alternative to Fuji own flashguns, compact but packs a punch.

Nissin i40 Flashgun - Fujifilm | Wex Photo Video

The Key features of the Nissin i40
•For use with Fuji X CSCs
•Stylish design with enhanced user experience
•Built-in 9 stop LED Video Light function
•Ultra Compact design weighing just 203g (around 40% smaller than standard flashguns)
•Focal Length range coverage of 24 - 105mm (Auto Adjusts)
•GN40 at 105mm
•GN40 +/- 2 stop exposure compensation and manual power 1/1 to 1/256
•GN40 Full ttl with 3 channel wireless ttl
•Professional flash head design, rotates 180° horizontally & tilts 90° for bounce flash
•Supports high speed synch (up to 1/8000th of a second, shutter speed) and features Wireless TTL
•Powered by 4 AA batteries

A word of caution. These are general specs for this flash, which is made to work with several systems. As far as I know, the Fuji version is not yet available and which features work with the Fuji have not been clearly stated (Note the specs mention Nikon, Canon and Sony).

Specifically, will high-speed flash be supported to 1/8000th with Fuji X cameras? I would be very excited if even 1/2000 was supported. Other than the X100 and X100s, it seems unlikely.

Will wireless TTL be supported? Unless they have some deal with Fuji, this is not likely to work with existing Fuji strobes. It is possible they can build their own system using multiple Nissin units. If they do this, I will be very impressed (and Fuji will be very fortunate that their system has just become more competitive with pro DSLRS at no extra cost to Fuji).

As far as I know, release date is supposed to be September.

If you know anything about if these features will or won't be implemented by Nissin, I, for one, would love to know. :)

Back