Meetup NJ/PA Meetup

John - love the Hamilton sculpture garden pics. It is one of my favorite places. May 4 at 1pm sounds good for me; going there to shoot would be great.

I really like your solar web one too. I remember trying to take some shots of that installation and couldn't come up with a compelling composition, but you nailed it with that one.

Thank you! Sheila said she had trouble too and after she saw mine she said, "Hmmm. So it CAN be done." -- lol, she was convinced it was just not something you could photograph and it IS tough. I used HDR and simplified the composition by putting more sky in the background rather than all that surrounding complexity and THAT was the "secret" as-it-were.

I'm interested but not 100% sure I can make it for the 4th yet. Trenton is about an hour for me but should be doable if I'm not booked elsewhere :)

Are you all thinking of just a meetup for lunch, or planning to do a photo walk or something as well?

Side note, since everyone is proximally near Trenton: if you guys are interested in a cool place to shoot in that area, Grounds For Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ is very photogenic. I've only been once but I enjoyed it a lot and would like to go back in different seasons to see it in bloom and in fall foliage etc. for more photo ops.

I'd love to do some photergraffin as well as lunch. I'm probably the furthest away of the lot of us, 1.5 - 2 hrs.

I'll see if I can make it, but that's shaping up to be the first weekend my wife and I will have together after a couple apart, so unless I can convince her to come along and also do something else fun in the Trenton area, I may well elect to stay around home. But I'll put it on the calendar and will see how things develop...

-Ray

Perhaps we will need to arrange more than one meetup this year. :)

I'm too many hours (and too many commitments) away for this one, but I NEVER rule out a road trip for some good photos. I'm half a continent away, but under different circumstances, I'd be there.

Looks like we have a small table's worth of photogs. Cool. Should be fun. Let's fill our bellies first and then those that want to can head over to Grounds for Sculpture.

Let's hope it's Spring by then...

I still plan on attending... DeLorenzo's on Route 33 in Robbinsville at 1:00pm, Saturday, May 4. What kind of cameras do we want to bring?

That's absurd! How can I know what you want to bring?... :rolleyes:

Anyway, we're going to an outdoor sculpture park where you might want to do landscapes as well as some closer shots. Some exhibits are inside but mostly you'll be in good light so anything you're comfortable with will be fine. I'll likely shoot the G5 with the 7-14mm and also have the E-M5 with the 75mm and probably have the 25 f/1.4 and 17 f/1.8 in a small bag for indoors low light.

I'll probably bring my GH3 and a few lenses, and the RX1. May throw the X100S in the bag too just because it's a SeriousCompacts meet so someone may like to check one out in person, and it's not all that huge or heavy anyway :)

Back