Meetup NJ/PA Meetup

I've got an idea...

Homer+Simpson.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a fun meet up, apologies I will now not be joining you. Family plans have changed so I have to pick up my older son from college on Saturday rather than Sunday. Looking forward to seeing your photos; I've shot at the Sculpture Garden before, it's a great place for a photo walkabout. Enjoy!

Sorry to hear that, Ed!

My cousin Sheila is joining us. She shoots Nikon DX so go easy on her my compact compadres... she may learn from us, lol.

Just to confirm, 1pm tomorrow at DeLorenzo's Tomato Pies in Robbinsville then possibly on to Grounds For Sculpture right?

If anyone wants to PM me their cell phone number, might be good if at least a couple of us have contact info so we can find each other or give directions in case of any issues. Should be simple enough but you never know :)

Just to confirm, 1pm tomorrow at DeLorenzo's Tomato Pies in Robbinsville then possibly on to Grounds For Sculpture right?

If anyone wants to PM me their cell phone number, might be good if at least a couple of us have contact info so we can find each other or give directions in case of any issues. Should be simple enough but you never know :)

Yup. I was thinking of reservations, but then thought against it. If we have a 30 minute way I'm sure there's something we can talk about. Or we can all log in here and see what's up.

Yup. I was thinking of reservations, but then thought against it. If we have a 30 minute way I'm sure there's something we can talk about. Or we can all log in here and see what's up.

LOL. That might be the point at which I seek professional help, if all us forum members met up in person only to log in and check then forum from our phones :D

Well, fellas, I'm going to have to drop out. :( My girlfriend's mother has been in the ER since about 4 this morning, and we just got home a little while ago. She's been admitted to the hospital, and is in pain, upset and somewhat confused, so we need to stay close.

Hope you guys have a great time- the weather is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing pics.

Well, fellas, I'm going to have to drop out. :( My girlfriend's mother has been in the ER since about 4 this morning, and we just got home a little while ago. She's been admitted to the hospital, and is in pain, upset and somewhat confused, so we need to stay close.

Hope you guys have a great time- the weather is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing pics.

Sorry to hear that Chris. Hope that everything turns out ok.

Mine is [deleted] in case anyone needs to call.

And CHRIS: BUMMER! I was really looking forward to meeting you. I do hope all works out well with the medical difficulties. My wife has MS and I'm not always in the peak of health so those of us "of a certain age" do understand such things. We'll do this again.

I had an odd problem with the GPS today. It sees the address as in Trenton rather than Robbinsville so if you have that problem, change the destination city for the address, or just look the place up in POI by name and select the one at 2350 Hwy-33.

My cousin Sheila confirmed and she will be joining us. She knows Grounds for Sculpture really well so we'll have a "guide".

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend's mom Chris, but definitely do what you have to do! We'll catch you next time.

However you spell it, lunch was delicious. A splendid time was had by all. And it was great meeting other members of the New Jersey/Eastern Pennsylvania chapter of Serious Compacts.

Sorry you couldn't go with us to the Grounds for Sculpture, John. It turned into an all micro four-thirds shooting fest. A GH3, a G5 , an OM-D and an E-PM2. I got a chance to try out John Griggs's (Entropic Remnants) Zuiko 75mm. A wonderful lens. And I finally had a chance to give my 9-18 a workout.

A special thanks to John's cousin Sheila for her great company and getting us onto the Grounds. I'm sure photos will come from all of us. I must now take my wife out to dinner.

Back