Feedback no longer able to post pictures

rbelyell

All-Pro
i'm a relatively new member, so i'm hoping some more experienced folk can help me understand why i am no longer able to post pictures. i havent posted that many, maybe a dozen or so, and never had an issue. now when i hit the 'upload' button, it appears to work as normal, with the blue activity bar advancing through each file. however as each file 'completes' a red ! symbol appears, and when i put my cursor over it it says ive 'exceeded my limit by 1.8mbs'.

anyone know what that's about?
thanks!

I don't upload to the gallery so maybe someone who does can share their knowledge with you. Are you loading up full size images? I know there are limits to the storage, but I'd be surprised if you hit the limit with 12. Although with files contsantly getting bigger all the time...who knows?

If you use bigger than 1024 it certainly buggers up the thread display.

Can't remember what the gallery limits are surely its in the help somewhere?

sorry i didn 't meant limits on image dimensions but on total storage in the gallery.

I've just gone into the gallery and it tells me my limit is 100MB:
Code:
Disk space allowed on your account: 102,400kb (104,857,600 bytes)
 Disk space used on your account: 50kb (51741226 bytes)
 Disk space remaining for your account: 51,872kb (53116374 bytes)

@rbelyell what does yours say?

sorry i didn 't meant limits on image dimensions but on total storage in the gallery.

I've just gone into the gallery and it tells me my limit is 100MB:
Code:
Disk space allowed on your account: 102,400kb (104,857,600 bytes)
 Disk space used on your account: 50kb (51741226 bytes)
 Disk space remaining for your account: 51,872kb (53116374 bytes)

@rbelyell what does yours say?

thanks pdh. mine says exactly what yours says, only that mine is full, which is very puzzling, and i think incorrect. my pix are between 1-2mbs and ive posted maybe a dozen. i should be well short of the limit. how or with whom might i check the accuracy of this? if it is accurate, is there another level of account one can get?

thats very nice of you! but perhaps i'm not on the same page here. i dont have a gallery per se on this site. i'm speaking only of trying to post photos to a forum thread. but i will pm you with what i think is being referred to. thanks again!
tony

OK....I think I have it figured out. You have plenty of space left in your user gallery (which you haven't started using yet). But it seems you are loading photos as attachments (whatever that means:confused:) for which space is VERY limited (as you have just found out).

Go here to read about how to share images on the website. https://www.photographerslounge.org/f19/how-post-images-forum-threads-45/ The first part covers sharing images that are on other website. a little further down it explains how to load an image up to the gallery (in a separate link) and then how to link to that gallery image in a conversation thread.

Let me know if any or all of that is unclear.

thank you luke, i will take a look. i'm still not sure why it says i'm 'entitled' to 100mbs and its all used up, given the size/number of my files....

thank you luke, i will take a look. i'm still not sure why it says i'm 'entitled' to 100mbs and its all used up, given the size/number of my files....

they are two different things Tony.
You have an allowance for attaching files to a post (which is small and you have hit)
Then you also have a "gallery space" which has the 100mmb limit, and to which to can upload pictures, but is a quite separate allowance from attachments

Back