Fuji No Real Desire For "S" Or "T"...

RT Panther

All-Pro
Weird, I'll be the first to say.....
When the "S" came, I thought "way cool...!!!"....

But then as I thought about, firmware updates kept me generally satisfied with the original.

Now, the "T" is out, and I said...
"Totally cool..!!!"....

Then I thought about it again...
-Skipped a generation "check"...
-Love the new viewfinder capabilities and 1/3 stops now...."check"....

But then come decision time, I said "I'll just order the TCL-X100 and call it a day"....:)

I don't think it's weird at all. I think once one has any of the X100's, they're pretty well set. Firmware updates will keep your camera relevent for some time. Now, if one is buying into the X100 family for the first time, and purchase price is not an issue, buying the latest version makes sense. If the purchase price is an issue, then one can still find a few new-in-box leftover original X100's around at a much friendlier price. I might have very well gone this route myself if I didn't have a healthy credit at Amazon.com to burn.

I don't think it's weird at all. I think once one has any of the X100's, they're pretty well set. Firmware updates will keep your camera relevent for some time. Now, if one is buying into the X100 family for the first time, and purchase price is not an issue, buying the latest version makes sense. If the purchase price is an issue, then one can still find a few new-in-box leftover original X100's around at a much friendlier price. I might have very well gone this route myself if I didn't have a healthy credit at Amazon.com to burn.

Oh yeah for sure!
If you're starting at ground zero, then by all means, get the "T" if you can afford it! :)

Oh yeah for sure!
If you're starting at ground zero, then by all means, get the "T" if you can afford it! :)

I fell in the middle then. I bought "S" from brick and mortar camera store, which wanted to clear inventories before "T". And I wasn't the only one, I got last silver version + lens hood and was offered 150€ to let another buyer to buy my stuff instead of myself. I wanted the camera and was not in a need for cash :D

I'm torn on this one. I have a lightly-used X100, but it's in the "12A" serial number group that suffered from sticky aperture blade (SAB) problems. I've never had any issues, but my confidence in carrying it as my only camera has never been strong. And yet...I do have other X cameras and lenses, so I tell myself I don't really NEED to replace the X100.

I do like the feature set on the X100T, though. Perhaps if it had a Bayer sensor I'd be heading to the store right now.

I'm in an interesting position,, Chuck: I have three Fuji cameras... one with the X-Trans sensor, one with a traditional Bayer sensor and one with EXR technology. The XF1 won't be able to compete given its 2/3" sensor. I have that as my truly pocketable option. But I will be comparing results between the X100T and X-A1 with the 27mm pancake on it. You have similar options. What are results like from the X100 an X-A1 like vs. the X-E1 and X-E2?

I'm torn on this one. I have a lightly-used X100, but it's in the "12A" serial number group that suffered from sticky aperture blade (SAB) problems. I've never had any issues, but my confidence in carrying it as my only camera has never been strong. And yet...I do have other X cameras and lenses, so I tell myself I don't really NEED to replace the X100.

I do like the feature set on the X100T, though. Perhaps if it had a Bayer sensor I'd be heading to the store right now.

Chuck,
IMHO, you're in a bit of different spot. I waited a bit to get mine thus my serial number is in the "21A" range.

I'm in an interesting position,, Chuck: I have three Fuji cameras... one with the X-Trans sensor, one with a traditional Bayer sensor and one with EXR technology. The XF1 won't be able to compete given its 2/3" sensor. I have that as my truly pocketable option. But I will be comparing results between the X100T and X-A1 with the 27mm pancake on it. You have similar options. What are results like from the X100 an X-A1 like vs. the X-E1 and X-E2?

Steve, I should carve out a little time soon to do some of the comparisons you suggest. I don't have a 23/1.4, so - as you suggested - I'll do some with the 27 mm pancake. For an upcoming car trip, I'll be packing a mixed kit of X-E2, X-A1 and X100 so hopefully I'll find time to do a little side-by-side.

Chuck,
IMHO, you're in a bit of different spot. I waited a bit to get mine thus my serial number is in the "21A" range.

Well, I'm preserving the original receipt just in case it finally decides to fail. Hopefully, Fuji will still perform the repairs for a reasonable cost if it comes to that. Looked at used X100's on B&H; they're still going for $640-$700, so the magic must be working.

Well, I'm preserving the original receipt just in case it finally decides to fail. Hopefully, Fuji will still perform the repairs for a reasonable cost if it comes to that. Looked at used X100's on B&H; they're still going for $640-$700, so the magic must be working.

If you're going to unload it, you might want to do it soon. I re-purchased mine new for $598 USD....
(Dumbest move I ever made was selling my old one :D )

Back