Fuji No serial # on xe-1

I recently bought an XE-1(off e-bay) sold as new with no box. It arrived today. It does appear new( looks and acted like new) and has all accessories. It does not have a serial# on the bottom, however.There is no evidence of there having been a sticker before, either. I'll probably return for refund, but is there a way to find a serial# in the firmware?

Apparently the serial # is imbedded but LR 4.4 doesn't give it up willingly. I've tried a plugin called "Rob Coles exifmeta" but am having little luck implementing it. I'm woefully computer illiterate. To send you a raw file, must I have a Flickr account or some such?

You should return it...fuji does NOT ship cameras to distributors with NO serial #
There should be a serial # on the outside of the box which matches the cameras serial #
Those stickers on the bottom of the camera DO NOT come off unless it was taken off.
No serial # means they are trying to hide something.
Fuji will not repair a camera under warranty with no serial #
Return it and make sure , with the next one, there's a matching serial # on the camera and the box and the 1 letter in the serial # has to be the letter ' A ' which means USA warranty
Good luck

Back