Nokia N8 Settings?

snake

Veteran
Anyone able to offer some assistance? I'm using both Camerapro 2.2 and also the native program.

The problem I'm encountering is what appears to be WB problems, most particularly in low light, when not using a flash. I can't get over to a more neutral coloration. However, that's what it appears like, but in CameraPro, it appears that the issue might be with the Image menu settings. Is anyone able to find a "sweet spot"?

I have some photos from restaurants/pubs at night and I had to resort to black and whiting all of them, to good results, but still would like to have an option of color.

snake, i have not found this to be problem and so have no settings...
if you wanna send some example I can send you some from mine in similar lighting.

Here are two. The whiter one was made using auto, the tinted one using custom settings, which seemingly can't produce naturally tinted photos in lower light.

I've tried to adjust the WB, but it doesn't seem to do much and I'm not so hot about running full auto all the time, though it appears to work well, but I generally like running lower ISO levels.

Attachments

• 20111113_172540 (Medium).jpg
    20111113_172540 (Medium).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 20111113_172629 (Medium).jpg
    20111113_172629 (Medium).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 227
Here are two. The whiter one was made using auto, the tinted one using custom settings, which seemingly can't produce naturally tinted photos in lower light.

I've tried to adjust the WB, but it doesn't seem to do much and I'm not so hot about running full auto all the time, though it appears to work well, but I generally like running lower ISO levels.

Hmmmm, I will have to play with mine.
BTW in CameraPro you can go WB Auto and ISO Manual.

As mentioned, the WB in the tinted pic is auto, but I tried to adjust it and nothing gets it out of that. ISO is my own setting as well, as indicated in the EXIF. This only happens in moderate conditions, as far as lighting goes. Camerapro, while cheap, doesn't seem worth it if I'm still going to shoot in auto most of the time to avoid this. Another glitch I'm finding is that often, in bright conditions, after taking a pic, the ND filter will not cover the lens and I have to shut the program down then restart it after most pics.

As mentioned, the WB in the tinted pic is auto, but I tried to adjust it and nothing gets it out of that. ISO is my own setting as well, as indicated in the EXIF. This only happens in moderate conditions, as far as lighting goes. Camerapro, while cheap, doesn't seem worth it if I'm still going to shoot in auto most of the time to avoid this. Another glitch I'm finding is that often, in bright conditions, after taking a pic, the ND filter will not cover the lens and I have to shut the program down then restart it after most pics.

Hmmm I will try to work with mine now that I am home. As to CameraPro, nowadays I seldom use it, the default app is more than good enough. As to the lens cover, that is the case as long as the camera app is open it will stay open, even running in the background. I will confess once I set up my M setting based on Auto, I really adjust nothing else in camera.

Hmmm I will try to work with mine now that I am home. As to CameraPro, nowadays I seldom use it, the default app is more than good enough. As to the lens cover, that is the case as long as the camera app is open it will stay open, even running in the background. I will confess once I set up my M setting based on Auto, I really adjust nothing else in camera.

CameraPro promises to be a nice app, but it's buggy. Not extremely buggy, but the problems are serious ones, as I've named above.

Also, you're misunderstanding me- I did not speak of the lens cover. There is an ND filter that shifts the camera from f2.8 to an f8 light equivalent. You can see this ND filter moving into place by exposing the lens to moderate bright light and above. After taking most pictures, it no longer responds, the camera displays almost all white, save for a few outlines, and is remedied only by shutting the app down then restarting.

I'll give CameraPro a chance, but if this is how it is, and requires just running full auto to get around this, it's a lame app.

CameraPro promises to be a nice app, but it's buggy. Not extremely buggy, but the problems are serious ones, as I've named above.

Also, you're misunderstanding me- I did not speak of the lens cover. There is an ND filter that shifts the camera from f2.8 to an f8 light equivalent. You can see this ND filter moving into place by exposing the lens to moderate bright light and above. After taking most pictures, it no longer responds, the camera displays almost all white, save for a few outlines, and is remedied only by shutting the app down then restarting.

I'll give CameraPro a chance, but if this is how it is, and requires just running full auto to get around this, it's a lame app.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Snake. CamerPro used to do that to me when ISO was set to Auto and I moved from a bright to dark scene. I used manual ISO after that then the app updated and it ihas not happened since.

Back