Nokia Pureview 808

Hello,

Thank you very much for your insights.
I am finding it very useful as I am considering an 808 for myself.
I have just a few questions, if you can help me out.

First, how is the lossless zoom of the 808?
I know the lens is 28mm equivalent on 4:3 format. That is a great focal length, but just a bit wide for let's say, people shots.
If I use the Nokia lossless 3X zoom, I will not get the same results in terms of perspective as if I used an optical zoom, correct?
But even so, does the Nokia take good portraits? Not professional formal portraits, but casual snaps of people?

Also, I come from an Android device, a Galaxy Note.
I use gmail, google calendar, google contacts... How easy is it to use those services on Nokia Belle?

Do you find something lacking from the OS in comparison to an Android device?

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes!

Hello,

Thank you very much for your insights.
I am finding it very useful as I am considering an 808 for myself.
I have just a few questions, if you can help me out.

First, how is the lossless zoom of the 808? Cropping, lossless Zoom,or optical zooms give you the same perspective.
I know the lens is 28mm equivalent on 4:3 format. That is a great focal length, but just a bit wide for let's say, people shots.
If I use the Nokia lossless 3X zoom, I will not get the same results in terms of perspective as if I used an optical zoom, correct?
But even so, does the Nokia take good portraits? Not professional formal portraits, but casual snaps of people?

Also, I come from an Android device, a Galaxy Note.
I use gmail, google calendar, google contacts... How easy is it to use those services on Nokia Belle?

Do you find something lacking from the OS in comparison to an Android device?

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes!

Thanks, I am planning on writing a full review and maybe posting it here, Amin willing that is
The lossless zoom, in 5mp mode, is excellent. Perspective is identical no matter how you zoom, optical or digital.
7744215576_f7c6a18514_b.jpg

I do not as a rule do portraits. I will try some out though.
Gmail works great, I can synch my Google contacts over as well treating as an exchange service.
The calendar and gtalk are not yet available.
IM for Nokia has not yet been ported over to Belle/FP1.
As to comparison with Android.
It is as fast in many ways as my HTC One S.
As to the rest it would very much depend on just how you use your Note.

Thank you for your reply.
So, the 808 can sync my gmail email account with no problems?
When I see and reply to mails on the Nokia, it syncs to the gmail, right?
Also, I have all my contacts on the google account. I don't have contacts on the phone or SIM card. My phone syncs the contacts from google. Can the 808 do that too?

I don't use lot's of apps and I don't play games on the phone.
I use it to listen to music, and from what I read, the 808 has a great sound quality and music app.
I also browse internet forums using tapatalk app. Is there something similar on the 808?

How is the web browsing? I read that the stock browser is not so good, but that you can get a good browsing experience using Opera mobile.
How do you find the browsing?

Cheers!

Thank you for your reply.
So, the 808 can sync my gmail email account with no problems?
When I see and reply to mails on the Nokia, it syncs to the gmail, right?
Also, I have all my contacts on the google account. I don't have contacts on the phone or SIM card. My phone syncs the contacts from google. Can the 808 do that too?p

I don't use lot's of apps and I don't play games on the phone.
I use it to listen to music, and from what I read, the 808 has a great sound quality and music app.
I also browse internet forums using tapatalk app. Is there something similar on the 808?

How is the web browsing? I read that the stock browser is not so good, but that you can get a good browsing experience using Opera mobile.
How do you find the browsing?

Cheers!

Yes your mail and contact synch just fine, esp using exchange.
The browser, while not so fluid as that of IOS or Android is far more useable than most give it credit for.
As for tapatalk, I am unfamiliar with that app so cannot really answer that question.

In regard to cameras, anyone have any experience with the 808 vs something like the htc one x? Is the pureview miles ahead?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

In regard to cameras, anyone have any experience with the 808 vs something like the htc one x? Is the pureview miles ahead?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I have the one s, same camera
And the Nokia lays waste to it
This is the best i could get with the htc one s
7239407906_4b29381b29_b.jpg

It does macro better, smaller sensor, more room for close focusing due to smaller lens
The f2 lens makes it standout at low light, however thev lack of a shutter button and the very light weight of the htc make it verry hard to hold still...

Back