Nokia Sunset

Lili

Hall of Famer
Name
Lili
6078907296_f61783fd49_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

6077900099_eee1a61604_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Straight from my N8, uploaded directly via PixelPipe

Hi Lili,
I've recently started playing with "integrating" my N8 and the fora - something you seem quite proficient at, do you mind if I ask for a few pointers?

I have Gravity and Camera Pro, and can fairly seamlessly upload to flickr, (although correcting the image orientation seems harder than it ought to be... is there any way of doing this without opening the image file in "Edit" > rotate > save new file > delete old file?)

But viewing forums in the browser (which is a lot better since the "anna" update) is still less than ideal, do you have a better solution?
Thanks for sharing your lovely images

Hi Lili,
I've recently started playing with "integrating" my N8 and the fora - something you seem quite proficient at, do you mind if I ask for a few pointers?

I have Gravity and Camera Pro, and can fairly seamlessly upload to flickr, (although correcting the image orientation seems harder than it ought to be... is there any way of doing this without opening the image file in "Edit" > rotate > save new file > delete old file?)

But viewing forums in the browser (which is a lot better since the "anna" update) is still less than ideal, do you have a better solution?
Thanks for sharing your lovely images

Thanks Kal, glad to help. When I shoot using the native camera app (BTW I have the 100% camera hack installed) I can upload to flickr using PixelPipe.
I love CameraPro but one loses the auto-rotate and has to do it in post.
In that case I use Ovi Suites to upload to my PC via USB and post process in SilkyPix, saving the oringal jpeg and creating a new one.
Kinda like RAW.
Anna is still not out yes to US Market models so i am quite jealous!
Any questions you have I will be glad to answer.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've not heard of the 100% hack, but I guess it is the same native 4k.3k resolution of CameraPro, ony using the default camera app? (since 2.1.9 you can launch CPro from the dedicated hardware button, this is cool. I've not used the default app since.) Losing autorotate is a pain, but I guess you just makes your choices...

Still looking for a native N8 image editor thats better than "Edit" and maybe a bit like Hipstamatic those iOs users enjoy, any clues? I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything! And ideally something like forumrunner would be lovely, but I guess you're using the browser to veiw forums too?

Anna officailly went public about a week ago, I did my update over Ovi Suite, which is self-contatined. Otherwise I'd post the .sis's for you (there are two parts to the update) I'm sure US carriers will get around to it soon. It runs a little faster, all black background by default gives a few hrs extra battery, browser is quite a lot better, portrait swype by default - overall it's worth having.

I've seen a video of a working leaked beta release of Belle too, which really does seem like a revolution, freely movable icons on homescreens and accelerated mundane graphic performance (guess they cleaned up a lot of code) don't know howe long we will be waitng for that offical release though, maybe 6 months?

Kal, being able to choose what the button launches is a huge deal! I hear that the mail client is much better in Anna as well. Which is good cause I really don't like the current one in S^3.
In 6 months the first WP7 Nokias should be out too ;)

Back