Sony Nokton 35mm/40mm 1.4 anyone?

Hi,

I´ve been toying with the idea of getting the Nokton 35mm 1.4 (or maybe the 40mm 1.4) to go with my NEX5. Is anybody shooting with this combo?

thanks

Rafa

I've used the 35/1.4 on my NEX3. I'm not too big in using manual focus lenses with the NEX though. But the IQ is definitely an improvement over the two kit lenses.

I´m currently shooting with a very cheap but very fun 35mm f.7 c-mount lens. I have LOTS of fun with it but sometimes I wish it was faster and I wish it had corner to corner sharpess.
Any samples of the NEX+Noktons?

I´ve just bought a 35mm 1.4, so I´m the one who might be posting samples soon :) If I have the same amount of fun as I´ve had with my cheap 35mm it will be worth it already.

I´m currently shooting with a very cheap but very fun 35mm f.7 c-mount lens. I have LOTS of fun with it but sometimes I wish it was faster and I wish it had corner to corner sharpess.
Any samples of the NEX+Noktons?

Sorry, I'm on my iPad and can't seem to capture the image HTML but here is a link and you can see others in my Flickr stream with the NEX/Nokton 40mm 1.4 combo.

This is an excellent package. I've sold at least two friends on NEX based on photos from this lens.

Paired with the X100, I am in digital compact heaven.

Coach Pitch | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Well, 123compact! - I'll tell you one thing - that photograph of the little boy coming in on a run is priceless! I just clicked on your Flickr link and found it.:bravo-009:

Here are a few more...

web.jpg

Look closely. I call this one "Dog Through"

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Well, 123compact! - I'll tell you one thing - that photograph of the little boy coming in on a run is priceless! I just clicked on your Flickr link and found it.:bravo-009:

Thank you. That was certainly good luck in being at the right place at the right time.

These photos look phenomenal! I'm sure I'll have a blast with this lens...though I'm a little mad about the fact that I've shipped my m mount to nex adapter by mistake along a lens I've sold :mad: I'll probably be looking at this lens sitting on my desk for a month before the new adapter arrives.

123compact, would you happen to know what is the minimum focusing distance?

Both the 35mm and 40mm have a minimum focusing distance of 0.7 meters, or about 3/4 yard, aka ~2 feet. Generally, it's uncommon to see a rangefinder lens that focuses closer because there's little point in doing so for a rangefinder.

These photos look phenomenal! I'm sure I'll have a blast with this lens...though I'm a little mad about the fact that I've shipped my m mount to nex adapter by mistake along a lens I've sold :mad: I'll probably be looking at this lens sitting on my desk for a month before the new adapter arrives.

123compact, would you happen to know what is the minimum focusing distance?

Thank you. Yes, you will have a blast!

Bummer about your adapter. Which kind did you have? I'm using a Metabones - highly recommended.

I love the fact that these lenses give such amazing results on the NEX but then you can throw them on your film bodies and go at it as intended. Such value.

Back