Announcement Nominate an image for the front page!

There are lots of fine images throughout Cameraderie. I'd like to ask a couple of questions regarding their selection to this thread (a personal fave) and posting to the Front Page.

Is there a cut-off date for each month's nominees?
Are there any actual criteria for selection to the front page?
It's terrific to have the members nominate images... who votes? who makes the final decision(s)?
How long does an image/gallery stay up on the front page?
Thanks

There are lots of fine images throughout Cameraderie. I'd like to ask a couple of questions regarding their selection to this thread (a personal fave) and posting to the Front Page.

Is there a cut-off date for each month's nominees?
Are there any actual criteria for selection to the front page?
It's terrific to have the members nominate images... who votes? who makes the final decision(s)?
How long does an image/gallery stay up on the front page?
Thanks
At the moment, things are very, very simple.

Moderators can "feature" images and do if they think they should. They also can feature images on recommendation - and so far, no recommendation I've read was one that didn't seem legitimate.

There is no voting. In my eyes, this is not a process, this is an opportunity: An image impresses, gets a mention in this thread, and is featured (if nothing obvious prevents that - in which case there might be a discussion; again, so far, this hasn't happened).

Featured images stay "featured" as far as I'm concerned; there's a slow upstream that, over time, replaces what's immediately visible. If there were complaints or some different, not immediately obvious reason (like a kind of policy change or something - or a big challenge with amazing results, maybe?), this might be different at some point in the future. We could also actually do regular features - but to me, that seems counter-intuitive and involve more work; it'd take the ease and the excitement out of the whole thing, make it stale. Just my opinion, of course.

None of the above is *not* open to debate as far as I am concerned. You're looking at a practice, not a law.

M.

Am I going too fast when I suggest this one from Robin ? :confused-95:

Really like the autumn-like mood here
Many thanks to both of you for your complimentary comments and recommendation, I very much appreciate. I spotted the cobwebs while on a riverside walk early on a foggy morning recently. The moodiness of river and mist in the background appealed to me but did necessitate clambering along a rocky riverbank to locate a suitable position for the shot!

Many thanks to both of you for your complimentary comments and recommendation, I very much appreciate. I spotted the cobwebs while on a riverside walk early on a foggy morning recently. The moodiness of river and mist in the background appealed to me but did necessitate clambering along a rocky riverbank to locate a suitable position for the shot!
I really like this one as well. It may not have been what you were going for but the image reminds me of classic B&W movies from the 40's & 50's where the cinematographer would set up really cool shots based on the light source, types of film being used, and screen projection size. I could see that image being the opening shot of a movie that lingers on it before slowly panning out & away to reveal the setting. (Yes, I watch way too many movies. 🎬 And, as I type this, I realize why I really dig some B&W shots.)

I really like the mood and colours of Mikes sunset
Featured, nice selection. 👍

I think this one from Nuskyn is fantastic!
Added. 😎 It's a great shot, the smaller preview image on the front page doesn't do it justice, it really needs to be viewed full screen to appreciate.

I just across a Gallery submitted by @bluzcity 6/22/21 (see p 12 The Animal Kingdom). It’s of the Aquarium in Atlanta. I really enjoyed the choice of images and photography here.

This one? If so, any particular shot really catch your attention? :)

All of them!!!
It's not any ONE- rather the gallery works really well as a whole.
The entire set is well captured, processed and curated.
I don't have a favorite note in a symphony.

Back