Announcement Nominate an image for the front page!

Also, this moody atmospheric noir photograph from @MarkoV is compelling -- one of the darkest, grittiest snow scenes I can recall.

There are many great images in the birds thread, but the eye contact in this Osprey portrait by @will focus makes it exceptional

Holy smokes! Wow, thanks for the props. I am glad you enjoyed that.

This shot by @MiguelATF Miguel could almost be a detail in a Renaissance painting. At first glance, it looks ordinary. However, the composition of form and colour is superb. The more I look at it, the more I am impressed by it.

Post in thread 'The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread' Animals - The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

Thank you for your kind, thoughtful and perceptive words, John! And, at the risk of sounding a bit sentimental, my cat Horace sends you his thanks as well! (P.S. the cat's full name, inspired by one of my literary obsessions, is: Horace Walpole. Of course, he - the cat I mean - was named in honor of the 19th Century English writer, whose novel, "The Castle of Otranto", still has the reputation of being the first 'Gothic Novel' ever written, in the English language at least.)

Back