Not another mu-43 user...

Ghostbuggy

Veteran
Name
Phill
...but here he is. Like a number of other current or now former members of the mu-43 forums, I also followed the suggestion to check out Cameraderie. Since I've also started to build up a Fujifilm kit last year, it might also be more fitting posting here.

In any case, I live in a small town in Germany and started my photographic journey in the early 2000s with a cheap Olympus compact digital camera. I managed to grab a used Olympus 2100-UZ the year after. Later on I got myself a Sony F-828, which got switched for a Nikon D70. At one point I managed to score a D2h at a phantastic price from a local newspaper which got replaced with a D300 sometime back in 2007. I kept that one until mid 2015 when I finally noticed the size and weight of the DSLR kit was simply not convenient and too cumbersome. I sold my whole gear and got into Micro Four Thirds with an Olympus E-M1 and slowly started building up a nice lens collection. I fell in love with the Olympus Pen-F after I accidently discovered that one in a store and bought one right away. As of now, the Pen-F is my only Olympus camera left.

Last year I finally gave into my Fujifilm itch and got an X100V, a few month later an X-Pro3 with a trio of lenses. In order to finance the stuff, I streamlined my MFT setup quite a bit.

I'm a hobbyist only, mostly practicing "shutter therapy" when I'm out in the woods or the local fields.

...but here he is. Like a number of other current or now former members of the mu-43 forums, I also followed the suggestion to check out Cameraderie. Since I've also started to build up a Fujifilm kit last year, it might also be more fitting posting here.

In any case, I live in a small town in Germany and started my photographic journey in the early 2000s with a cheap Olympus compact digital camera. I managed to grab a used Olympus 2100-UZ the year after. Later on I got myself a Sony F-828, which got switched for a Nikon D70. At one point I managed to score a D2h at a phantastic price from a local newspaper which got replaced with a D300 sometime back in 2007. I kept that one until mid 2015 when I finally noticed the size and weight of the DSLR kit was simply not convenient and too cumbersome. I sold my whole gear and got into Micro Four Thirds with an Olympus E-M1 and slowly started building up a nice lens collection. I fell in love with the Olympus Pen-F after I accidently discovered that one in a store and bought one right away. As of now, the Pen-F is my only Olympus camera left.

Last year I finally gave into my Fujifilm itch and got an X100V, a few month later an X-Pro3 with a trio of lenses. In order to finance the stuff, I streamlined my MFT setup quite a bit.

I'm a hobbyist only, mostly practicing "shutter therapy" when I'm out in the woods or the local fields.
Welcome to the other side...I came from mu43 and Fred Miranda in 2021 when the other site was imploding with legal/personal issues. I don't deal with drama well...

Regards,

Edd (family from Stuttgart back in 1351)

Welcome aboard @Ghostbuggy, glad you joined us mu43 veterans. I was Shadetree over there but changed when coming over here.

Back