Film Not Fun with film cameras (the No Image thread)

pdh

Legend
what's not fun? (I hear you cry)

What's not fun is ppending the entire morning scanning a roll a(with much fiddling, faddling, imagemagicking, negfix8ing, and lightrooming) only to realise that I have been scanning at such a low dpi that the images are useless ...

oh well it's pouring with rain and blowing a light gale, and it's good distraction to do it all over again

hmm I thought it was all a bit quicker than normal ... then of course I trashed all the scans as useless, only to subsequently realise that I could (of course) have used them as contacts to select which ones I should be scanning at 7200dpi ... if I was a careful scholarly type like Barrie or Brian, I'd have thought all this through properly before I started ... but no, in I go, crash bang wallop ...

Almost always hit "shift-delete" so stuff gets trashed immediately.
For some reason I can't bring myself to set the recycle bin to "remove immediately" though I might just as well.

hehehe ... slightly more seriously, I'm testing out a new "workflow" (how I dislike that word) today with this new roll, and will report back later this evening with details if it seems satisfactory ....

anyway, how's the rain and gales down there Barrie?

ouch, I feel your pain.....kinda.

Chalk one up for digital.

Au contraire

I'm as thorough as our Paul here.

I hasten to count times past when I've spent frustrating long hours PPing an image or series of images - usually for a personal project or challenges. Once right, or once I've had enough, I save off the jpg (1024px) and upload to Flickr. It's only a project and so the jpg's all I need. So a thorough clean of that folder afterwards - RAWs to the Recycle Bin and then "Delete Forever?"..."You sure?"....you better believe it Ms Computer...I know my own mind! Then out with the card, back in the camera and reformat. Dust off the hands, job done, next adventure!

Months later I trawl Flickr and decide I wouldn't mind revisiting that image or using an element from it - or looking at the History to figure a PP step or two. Of course, it was cathartic deleting that pain in the posterior file THEN...but NOW I lament every one and zero that I obliterated from this universe.

Chalk one up for film! :blush:

Paul, what scanner are you using?

Plustek 7600i SE, Don - I think this has now been replaced by the 8200 series but the difference is only in the version of the software that is supplied. they may have different model numbers in the states come to think of it.

seems like a stalemate..... 1-1.;)

I'd say we're about in this position...

good-bad-ugly.jpg

But digital is Clint and we all know what comes next ;)

Back