November Cell Phone Pic a Day

A few last shots for the last day of the months.

This has been sort of fun, sort of frustrating, but great in seeing the amazing results some folks are able to get out of these phone-cams. I was personally reminded that I occasionally get a good shot with "the camera I have with me" when I just stumble onto an image. But the great majority of the time, that's not how I see. I ordinarily either go out shooting or I don't. When I do, I start seeing all sorts of interesting stuff and I try to make images from it all. And when I go out to shoot, I usually have a 'real' camera with me. Every other aborted start I've made at a PAD project like this has frustrated me because I can't just be ON all the time, or even spontaneously. Its usually a planned activity, at least when it works. Today was a bit more of a planned activity and I like the results a bit better.

So anyway, over the course of the month, I came up with a handful of shots I liked and maybe 2-3 that I'll still like a year from now and consider keepers. Most were just "oh, gotta find something to photograph", usually late in the day under deadline pressure (self-imposed I realize) and most will never see the light of day again. But I've enjoyed it - its been a bit of a learning experience, or a least clarifying of traits I guess I already knew about myself. I won't be getting rid of my other cameras and I won't rely much on my iphone camera, but it'll be nice to know I have it when that rare shot does present itself and I actually have a decent camera to grab it with.

Thanks all - keep up the great work!

-Ray

View attachment 45258

View attachment 45259

View attachment 45260

Well said, Ray, I enjoyed your closing words. Thanks for the summary and the continuous effort. I have kept the idea in the back of my head for the whole month, and shot almost every day, but only occasionally I had something I thought of as worth posting. But I enjoyed this thread each day. Kudos to all involved!

Thanks Ray for your thoughts and pics, most enjoyable to say the least. Thanks all for making this MY goto thread.
Ive been experimenting with many different apps and have learned that out of all the apps (65) I have, I only have maybe 6
that are my go to apps for iphoneography. There are amazing people doing amazing things on these phones... er, cameras.

It was a most enjoyabe month for me also. Is there going to be a December? I surely hope so.... Cheers all
Pete

I have kept the idea in the back of my head for the whole month, and shot almost every day, but only occasionally I had something I thought of as worth posting.
Oh jeez, was THAT the criteria? I thought the POINT was to post something every day, or at least try to. If I was only posting stuff I thought of as WORTH posting, you'd have seen a couple of shots from me this month. MAYBE a couple!

-Ray

No, Ray, you are right:) What I said just illustrates my (lacking?) attitude towards a POD project generally - As I draw for a living, and have to come up with "accepted" images daily, I'm not really into pressurizing myself over another picture making process:) This month for me was also a month of finishing a year long contract so deadlines were severe, not leaving much time and energy for a project like this. I kept a low profile and tried to enjoy the ride and I have been checking-in each day to see what's going on and always felt inspired by entries. Now when I think of it, one could say it wasn't fair regarding those who, like yourself, really tried to stick to the original idea. But no offense was meant.

No offense taken! I was attempting some self-deprecating humor there, but that rarely comes across fully in print. No offense taken at ALL!

As others have noted, there were no rules, it was just a fun little semi-challenge. I've never liked how I react to the imposed deadlines of a PAD project, but for some reason I decided to go for it this time, just to get to know the iphone cam better, if for nothing else.

-Ray

Well, I began strong, petered out and am arriving here for the last gasp of November. Thank you Lili for suggesting this and thank you to everyone for their photographs. Though I didn't make the grade of a photo a day, I always enjoyed the spontaneity of using my cell phone's camera. Now if I had Siri, maybe she'd take the picture for me?:tongue:

One of our three cats, Misty - from just a little while ago.

6433021403_ca40aa1208_z.jpg

Good bye Nov. Hello Dec.`

I for one will probably keep this little photo thing going, or at least try to. Here are a few to end the month on a good note. I too have missed several days. So whip me with a wet noodle why don't you.

jade.jpg

Baby sitting today. When I get tired of it, I just go for a ride and bam! they fall asleep.

big_sky.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

petes_feet.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shows you just how lazy one can be, Took the shot, edited it and sent it to flickr, right
from the lounge chair. So bad.....

Pete, would you please tell me how you "got" "made" that first one? I like them all, but that first one is wonderful in so so many ways.

You have a great sense of humor - next time how about a shot of you in the lounge chair by the pool?;)

Back