November Nocturne - Night 11

Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Kitchen window

Looking from the outside in - into my kitchen - where an old box of Indian tea is sitting on the windowsill - and it seems to be looking straight back at me -

Kitchen window by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Taken with the Hipstamatic photo App on my iPhone, in the wee pre-dawn hours of last night.

TheRubySusan

Top Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Henry, IL
Ruby
Looking from the outside in - into my kitchen - where an old box of Indian tea is sitting on the windowsill - and it seems to be looking straight back at me -

Kitchen window by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Taken with the Hipstamatic photo App on my iPhone, in the wee pre-dawn hours of last night.
Lol! It gave me a start. It didn't load on this page, but the link worked.

TheRubySusan

Top Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Henry, IL
Ruby
Well, it started out as a photograph. I gave the Powershot enough exposure time to keep the ISO low, and what did I get? CAT HAIRS on the candleholder that I hadn't seen "in person." It was more fun to play with filters than to get in my husband's way and reshoot. Anyway, it was a cold grey day that ended with snow falling and me on my knees on a hardwood floor doing battle with two different cameras to get a longish exposure at a low ISO - somehow the "old postcard" effect sort of cheered me up.

Candle and Cat (Salt Shaker) by rubyj29, on Flickr

donlaw

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Don
My neighbor didn't quite seem the same after that night. Maybe the body snatchers? Thanks. I liked the shadows and lights. Handheld at ISO6400.

TheRubySusan

Top Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Henry, IL
Ruby
Very effective shot, well seen! There's a streetlight in the image, but it's not casting the shadow - my intellect can figure that out, but my gut says "Something is very wrong here!"

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom