November Nocturne - Night 11

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
My turn again. Another oldie, sorry. But I do so love this one from June.

Just after dusk aboard an Amtrak going from Leavenworth Washington to Vancouver BC...

1rtd.jpg

Kitchen window

Looking from the outside in - into my kitchen - where an old box of Indian tea is sitting on the windowsill - and it seems to be looking straight back at me -

10797954433_f4e5947f93_b.jpg

Kitchen window by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Taken with the Hipstamatic photo App on my iPhone, in the wee pre-dawn hours of last night.

Looking from the outside in - into my kitchen - where an old box of Indian tea is sitting on the windowsill - and it seems to be looking straight back at me -

10797954433_f4e5947f93_b.jpg

Kitchen window by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Taken with the Hipstamatic photo App on my iPhone, in the wee pre-dawn hours of last night.

Lol! It gave me a start. It didn't load on this page, but the link worked.

Well, it started out as a photograph. I gave the Powershot enough exposure time to keep the ISO low, and what did I get? CAT HAIRS on the candleholder that I hadn't seen "in person." It was more fun to play with filters than to get in my husband's way and reshoot. Anyway, it was a cold grey day that ended with snow falling and me on my knees on a hardwood floor doing battle with two different cameras to get a longish exposure at a low ISO - somehow the "old postcard" effect sort of cheered me up.
10812253403_b9e41c3403_b.jpg

Candle and Cat (Salt Shaker) by rubyj29, on Flickr

Very effective shot, well seen! There's a streetlight in the image, but it's not casting the shadow - my intellect can figure that out, but my gut says "Something is very wrong here!"

Back