Ricoh November Reflections

jimmy2thou

Regular
After a long summer in Spain, the winter is drawing in and the rain has started to fall. Quite a lot! The river beds are no longer dry and I'm seeing reflections everywhere.

6424078287_d1c67265a3_z.jpg

6424078637_2c97f8ec6c_z.jpg

6424078993_94375ae793_z.jpg

6424079515_71bc86e94b_z.jpg

6424080787_891cc59c1e_z.jpg

6424080203_ac0490d04b_z.jpg

This is a reflection from the roof of my car

6424080437_de1b632615_z.jpg

Bright blue skies and 20oC today. That's my kind of winter! :)

Thanks everyone! :)

Sorry, I forgot to mention they were taken with my GRD III

For anyone that is interested, I recently found this little tutorial for giving a slightly more vintage look to photos. I wanted something like this for creating nicer greens in foliage. I followed it and added a few of my own tweaks. Also, if you record a new action in photoshop as you follow it, you can have it at hand whenever you want it. It doesn't work for all photos, but as I mentioned photos with green foliage seem to work well.

Vintage Effect

James

I'm just gonna have to remind myself (FORCE myself) to use my GRD3 more like that. I almost always use it for B&W, on the street, at relatively high ISO. Which its great for. But its great for so much more. I've only taken a few really crisp color shots with that camera but I know its capable!

-Ray

Wonderful Jimmy - and long time no see! Wow, my favorites are your color ones, though each one stands alone beautifully. If I had to choose just one, I'd be torn between #3 and #5.

So many great cameras - in my weaker moments I want them all.:blush:

Thanks BB :)

It has been a while. I've been taking lots of photos, but am just getting round to editing them. I know what you mean about cameras! I've finally decided my final kit for now. I have my GRD III and recently got the NEX 5N, which I love with the EVF. And finally, now the prices have dropped there is a Sigma DP2s winging its way to me from Germany. It has taken a while to get the right kit, but have promised myself I will stick with these and learn them thoroughly for some time to come. At least that's what I'm telling myself now! :)

I knew as soon as I got the GRD III that it was perfect for me. It took me a GX100, GX200 and Canon S90 to get there though! Same with the NEX. I had the NEX 5, then a Samsung NX10 (which is about to go on ebay) and finally now the NEX 5N, which is just right for my needs. As for the Sigma, I used to have the DP1s but really wanted a DP2. Unfortunately the price at the time was about £500. After a year or so of waiting, I managed to get one for just under £250 and am looking forward to that foveon goodness! :)

I shall be posting some new pics soon from the NEX and Sigma. Happy days! :D

I didn't know the GRD3 did colour! :eek: This camera just gets better and better. :D

A lovely set of photos Jimmy, the last one in particular caught my eye.

Thanks Karen, Lili & Djarum

The GR's definitely have something unique about them in B&W and colour. It is the only camera I've had that has nice greens in foliage, and can also get nice smooth black skies when converting to black & white. Actually, my GX200 could do the black sky thing. I don't know why, but I haven't been able to do it with other cameras.

This is from my old and departed GX200

dirt-track.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back