Leica Now that prices have dropped...

You know Julien, I took that system as far as it could go with the FT1 adaptor, great lenses, waited for firmware updates, primes. Now there's talk of the V2 and the whole affair started making me feel bitter and resentful towards Nikon. I kept holding out, waiting for my investment/value to materialize but felt as much loyalty as Nikon was showing me.
I once purchased a GPS from Motorola, it was superb. Then the company decides to just drop support and move on as if they we're saying, "well, that didn't work, oh well...too bad-premium price paying suckers!"
So that's it, nobody here owns a Nikon 1 anymore? Good job Nikon.

Bruce, I hope my statement wasn't ambiguous: I completely understand why you've switched. It's like they've really done their best to avoid making their system interesting. Very expensive, not a single new lens since launch, the new J2 feels like the simple firmware update that should have come months ago, and the rumored 18mm 1.8 isn't likely to make the system much more compelling (especially now that the RX100 is available). I didn't buy one, but I was expecting better from Nikon. I really wonder where they are going with this.

Anyways, your new Leica is beautiful, one of the sexiest camera in the market IMHO.

Family portrait...shortly after this was taken, the Leica and the Sony started mob-flashing the Fuji which was sporting the brand new RRS bracket and grip.

Tres_1_.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Family portrait...shortly after this was taken, the Leica and the Sony started mob-flashing the Fuji which was sporting the brand new RRS bracket and grip.

Tres_1_.jpg

You have a beautiful family. The Fuji and Leica clearly share some genes. I'm not so sure about the Sony; maybe it's just a cousin... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, some nice gear.

Tres_1_.jpg

Okay, that's it, Bruce. I have officially violated a couple of Commandments. Especially the one about not coveting thy neighbor's black camera(s) . . .

Well Mr. Elliott, things have changed in the family. I've never had a decent DSLR so I traded in the Sony and the Fuji for the Canon...still have the Leica though!
New_sibs-2.jpg

Back