Samsung NX11 + 18-200mm for 300 euros?

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
On the website of my local brick and mortar camera dealer, it says 300euros for the NX11 body only, but also 300 euros for the NX11 + 18-200, and 520 euros for the NX11 + 18-200 + 20mm. Now assuming (unlikely?) that this is not a typo, would I be a complete idiot for not buying one of these kits? (I've been looking at a CSC for quite a while now but I wanted to wait untill I can afford something like an OM-D... but the price/versatility balance does seem to tip over to the Samsung camp, if this is true). Also I'm trying to find what I could get for such a kit by selling it on...

Looks like some dealers are indeed emptying their stock from the now discontinued models like NX10 and NX100. The NX11 is not officially discontinued yet, so seeing a significantly lowered price for it may still be a rather rare event.

In my nearest brick&mortar shop they're offering the NX10 with the 18-55mm kit lens for 230€, and the NX100 with the 20-50 lens for 299€. The price of NX11 is more or less the same as earlier, although they have none in stock.

So, whether you're a complete idiot or not, well, it depends. If you have no such camera yet, the body only deal would indeed be quite sweet. You'd get a reasonably lot for your money. If I were in your position, I'd probably go there and make sure the camera is indeed the NX11 and not NX10 (in other words, not a typo), and then grab the NX11 body only. I wouldn't bother with the 18-200 or the 20mm pancake.

The NX11 would be very decent or even good quality for that money, especially if you are willing to shoot raw. Buying one for market speculation purposes wouldn't make any sense, though. You're not likely to make any profit by selling it on.

Again, in your position I might buy the NX11 and then, say, the 30mm pancake and the 60mm macro for it. Then, some time later, with a bigger budget, I'd upgrade it for the NX20 or even NX210 body, which have the sweet 20mp sensor. That way, you might as well just forget about the EM-5, because you'd get equal, or even better image quality with the newer Samsung models. Better still, you'd be able to buy nice native lenses for quite reasonable prices.
-Just my 2c.

The deal has ended so I'm too late. Seems to have been real, clearing out the stock. The NX11 body was 300, but so was the NX11 + 18-200, and as I said the kit with 18-200 and 20mm cost 520 euros... I was planning to get the full kit, then sell the 18-200 for around 400 euros (cheaper than i've seen it sold elsewhere) and keep the body + 20mm for only about 120 euros. Kicking myself right now...

Back