Samsung NX300 screen

sLorenzi

Regular
Name
Sidinei
Hi all.
I'm new here, but have been mu-43 member for several years. I'd like to continue growing up my m4/3 kit, but here in South America I just can't find Olympus/Panasonic gear. On the other hand, it's easier to find Samsung, so I'm moving to the NX team and would like to ask the NX300 users if its screen is hard to use it under bright sunlight, since it does not have an evf. The NX30 is very interesting for that matter, but here it's costing twice the price of the NX300, and besides that, I like the 300 appearence much more. If anyone wants to share something about that camera I'd appreciate.
Thanks in advance and sorry about my English.

It's usable and well sized (3.3") but surprisingly (especially given how many screens that Samsung must manufacture and sell) it isn't as clear in bright sunlight as the OLED screens found in recent Olympus cameras.

I find the NX300 completely usable even in bright sun. The ability to sync to your phone or tablet works very well and comes in handy for really weird angles although the tilting screen comes covers most of that.
I skipped the 20-50 because it isn't stabilized or as wide or long as the 18-55 (which is obviously a little longer). I have the 30mm, sweet lens.

What I'm aiming for is the 12-24, 30mm, and 45mm. The 18-55 powerzoom is attractive to me in that it will keep the profile small even though I'm not a fan of powerzooms. There is a 16mm pancake that will give you wide and fast so that is an option as well.

After a bad experience many years ago I always fit a screen protector and I have a Vikuiti Sunshade on my NX300. Although the NX300 screen is usable in bright light this makes it significantly better and doesn't affect the touchscreen.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vikuiti-ADQ..._sbs_ce_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FG6R1MH5JDZEM3PVEM1
I'd go with Brian and buy the 18-55 rather than the 20-50 but whatever zoom you get you should definitely buy the 30mm pancake - it's gorgeous.

You have no reason to apologise for your English!

Thanks guys, for the answers. I've followed your advice and got the 18-55mm kit. It's not that much bigger than the 20-50. Now I'm going to chase a good deal for tbe 30mm and get a screen protector too.

Enviado de meu BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps usando o Tapatalk 2

I got that matte screen protector for my NX300. Does indeed cut glare outdoors and doesn't affect the touchscreen at all. Just make sure you don't try to judge your photos when reviewing them with that screen protector. I've had people comment on the photos on the back of the camera not being very sharp looking and they just can't seem to understand that the screen protector I have on it affects the way the preview looks. It looks fine on a computer. ;)

Back