NYC: 12 Minutes on the 7 Train

I was on my way from a client meeting in the city to hang out with some friends in Queens. I've always loved the view from the 7 train as it emerges from the East River and flies above Long Island City and Woodside. I can't remember the last time I shot anything on my X10 that wasn't a portrait, and street photography isn't something I do much of, so I thought I'd take advantage of (short) subway ride.

View attachment 10582
View attachment 10583
View attachment 10584
View attachment 10585
View attachment 10586
View attachment 10587
View attachment 10588
View attachment 10589

Great perspectives and views of NYC. These shots have your signature soft but edgy urban fashion touch applied to them, it seems. A familiar look and feel with a totally different subject. The only ones that feel slightly different are 1 & 2 (train interior and vibrant graffiti), probably because the starting color palette is not drawn from your usual set of muted hues and softer tones. These are really nice to look at, I hope you keep on shooting like this in between portrait sessions. Thanks for sharing.

nice images sardonic...
i too like when trains go up and down... underground and then suddenly there's light, nature, city, a world to look at...
btw, my favorite is the photo below silvercup sign, because well it's not a pretty photo, but it has a strong sense of distance/space... the view stretches from the window till the skyscapers, along a road which (luckily) had a truck passing by, and the rest of the photo is full of information too - a giant ad (reisstudios), colored curtains, several types of buildings, inscriptions in the train window, the winter, only one person walking, etc
this is street photography, not fashion but also very interesting

No one's that lucky. BTW just west of the 33rd Street station is a great vantage point that puts the Empire State Bldg. and the Chrysler Bldg. on either side of the glass Citi Bldg. Unfortunately, I never found your clean window and won't chance riding between the cars. I've even tried cleaning a window before getting on, but I only have a few good shots.

Joe

Great shots!

I was on my way from a client meeting in the city to hang out with some friends in Queens. I've always loved the view from the 7 train as it emerges from the East River and flies above Long Island City and Woodside. I can't remember the last time I shot anything on my X10 that wasn't a portrait, and street photography isn't something I do much of, so I thought I'd take advantage of (short) subway ride.

View attachment 10732
View attachment 10733
View attachment 10734
View attachment 10735
View attachment 10736
View attachment 10737
View attachment 10738
View attachment 10739

Back