October 11, 2012 - Octoberfest Photofest

I hate Unity

For those not au fait: Unity is the desktop environment that ships with Ubuntu since V11.10. I hate it. I cant work out how to do what I want. I cant put the apps I want where I want them, and I cant see a nice little dropdown list, like I can in Gnome, and it looks like it was built for a two year old. I also do not want my netbook screen to look like a tablet or phone screen. STUPID!!. So Unity is going byebyes.

View attachment 60119
I Hate Unity by kyte50, on Flickr

Sue,

Hear hear, couldn't agree more, mind you I find Gnome 3 with it's "giant" icons not to my liking either, still using Fedora 14 for my photography (except printing, then it's back to Windows 2000), Puppy Linux for my web browsing (built by a countryman of yours). Sorry, way off topic, now back to the photographs that are gracing these threads, bring them on.

Barrie

Shopping in the rain

1060968.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

:thiagree:..... i'm planning it to be image 29 (7xgreen, 7xred, 7xyellow, 7xbrown), and is my actual goal this Octoberfest: create a fall color mosaic with everyday items. After that, I'll give myself a two day holiday. :)

the light here today was garbage and I know I already do too many dog and cat photos so I brought the camera to work today to look for inspiration. I wasn't really feeling it. But I did have fun trying shoot photos of album covers and make them different than just a straight reproduction of the cover. It's interesting trying to find a way to shoot something that is two dimensional and do something creative with it. Not sure if I succeeded, but I like it better than the original album cover so I guess it succeeds on some level.

8078286756_6d09d8d09f_b.jpg

R3263096 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Back