October 27, 2012 - Octoberfest Photofest

adanac

Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No Through Road

A two car collision saw one car veer dangerously onto a busy sidewalk this Saturday afternoon, leaving drivers and pedestrians shaken but without apparent serious injury.

I'd been a few blocks down the street making another photograph when this occurred. Fireman is about to ask me who I'm working for in an attempt to have me move on.

adanac

Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Vancouver, BC
PS: I don't know why I feel compelled to explain the above image... I don't normally take photos of accident scenes unless someone involved asks me for help. But having been just down the block I was drawn to it... and my kids are at that corner every morning on the way to school when they ride their bikes, so I wanted to take something home with me to illustrate the "anything can happen" principle of life.

Reactions: BBW
Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
PS: I don't know why I feel compelled to explain the above image... I don't normally take photos of accident scenes unless someone involved asks me for help. But having been just down the block I was drawn to it... and my kids are at that corner every morning on the way to school when they ride their bikes, so I wanted to take something home with me to illustrate the "anything can happen" principle of life.
Its a good shot, Mike, but I rather think its impact would be more felt by adults than kids who are, as you know, completely invincible.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom