October 27, 2012 - Octoberfest Photofest

Job done, the veins that brought life

1070239.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

No Through Road

20121027-R0018699.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A two car collision saw one car veer dangerously onto a busy sidewalk this Saturday afternoon, leaving drivers and pedestrians shaken but without apparent serious injury.

I'd been a few blocks down the street making another photograph when this occurred. Fireman is about to ask me who I'm working for in an attempt to have me move on.

PS: I don't know why I feel compelled to explain the above image... I don't normally take photos of accident scenes unless someone involved asks me for help. But having been just down the block I was drawn to it... and my kids are at that corner every morning on the way to school when they ride their bikes, so I wanted to take something home with me to illustrate the "anything can happen" principle of life.

Reactions: BBW
PS: I don't know why I feel compelled to explain the above image... I don't normally take photos of accident scenes unless someone involved asks me for help. But having been just down the block I was drawn to it... and my kids are at that corner every morning on the way to school when they ride their bikes, so I wanted to take something home with me to illustrate the "anything can happen" principle of life.

Its a good shot, Mike, but I rather think its impact would be more felt by adults than kids who are, as you know, completely invincible.

Back