October 8, 2012 - Octoberfest Photofest

I am a little late to the party, but here's my entry for yesterday -- my first time to use flash in a thoughtful manner
(read: my subject doesn't look startled!)

8068631651_998420afcb_c.jpg

(For what it's worth, I planned to join earlier last week and actually have a few daily photos in there, but somehow my memory card cannot be read by my laptop when I finally got a chance to upload them to my PC last Saturday. It can be read and used by my camera, just not by my laptop -- nor my wife's laptop. Anyone have any ideas how to salvage the data?)

Hyubie,

You could investigate something like SystemRescueCD which I have used in the past to read so called unreadable flash cards. It has to be burned to a CD/DVD or a USB stick as an .iso file, which is self booting, so you boot your computer into this linux system by setting the 1st boot in the bios to whatever medium holds the systemrescue operating system.. As a linux user that is a straightforward exercise for me to create the bootable DVD, however it perhaps presents more of a problem if you are a windows user. Try a search for systemrescuecd and hopefully there will be some further guidance available there.

Barrie

Back