Octoberfest Photofest - Prompt Submission Thread

October in Kentucky, is harvest time. In my mind, it's an image of many and varied crops, vegetables, fruits, etc. stored for the winter. The machinery is different for each product harvested.
The harvest of images, is different for each photographer. My tool of choice for this challenge, is the E-p2, with Sigma 30mm. I also, will use a home made adapter, from an old lens front element and barrel, for close up work.

Steve, I look forward to your images. I still remember many of them from the past 2 challenges. Something about the challenges makes me savor each image from everyone a bit more.....knowing that they're doing the same thing as I am.

Luke, it does add something to the whole challenge, when several others, are chasing some of the same themes. I don't know where the prompts are, but I might suggest "travel log" for one, as we expect to be traveling during Oct.

Kristen is compiling a list that will be available soon. They will be challenging, but I know you're a creative thinker. Traveling should see you with a camera constantly at hand so I expect big things!

I must admit that I skim read a lot of these two threads before and after my holiday and I'm now none the wiser. When it's sorted could someone spell it out for the less illuminated pretty please :redface:

I tend to agree with Julien. Since it looks like this will be fairly open, though, I guess I will tag onto the trio of prompts from other folks which I find most intriguing.

I am new here, but am intrigued by this October challenge. As I understand it each participant will submit one photo a day for each of the 31 days in Oct.
There will be some optional prompts for those interested in using them for ideas.
Do I have it right? If so I am interested in participating.

BTW thanks to the folks who keep these challenges going, it helps maintain the balance between photography and equipment. SC is becoming more of a haven for image-making; m43 is predominantly gear focused now, IMO.

I am new here, but am intrigued by this October challenge. As I understand it each participant will submit one photo a day for each of the 31 days in Oct.
There will be some optional prompts for those interested in using them for ideas.
Do I have it right? If so I am interested in participating.

You have it right.

Octoberfest Photofest will run from October 1st to October 31st.

During that period of time anyone wishing to participate may do so using any camera, digital or film, and any lens combo. You are not restricted to using one camera/lens or one medium, you may use more, however if you wish to challenge yourself with one camera and lens, you can. What have you wanted to try? What do you think will make you a better photographer? Even if you only shoot to record things I am sure you can find something to challenge your current level of skills and have fun doing it!

There is no pressure or maybe I should say only as much pressure as you put upon yourself. Shoot as many photos as you like during that period but you only need to submit 31 photos. Don't exasperate yourself, if you only have time to do half of that please do still participate. This is NOT a contest, it's a friendly month long photowalk that we will embark on simultaneously, in our own parts of the world, wherever you live or happen to be during the month of October.

For those that want topics to shoot, a scavenger hunt so to speak, a list will be provided shortly as well as some photographic techniques that may be utilized but are not required. When I do challenges I like a challenge but I do recognize that people have schedules that demand their time or may not have the option of shooting macro or software to cross-process, for example. No one is required to shoot the entire list though you can pick ideas from it if you are stuck for something to photograph.

As to how the photos will be posted, the moderators are currently working on that and when it is decided where we can post, Luke will let us know in a week or so as he is able. As I have been told, creating galleries is somewhat time consuming and requires dedicated space for storage. It is likely we will be linking to our individual sites rather than taxing SC server space which is fine as most people post privately as well as share anyway, this means one post and a link. It can't get easier.

There's two weeks before we start so for those of you that don't intend to follow the list you have plenty of time to decide what you do want to shoot. And everyone has time to decide what camera/s. And for those that just want to take it easy and shoot, no thought required :)

Back