Fuji Off Camera Flash Options

Roger Lund

Rookie
HI all. I'm shooting mostly Fuji These, days. But I still have some of my old Canon gear, including my Canon 430EX.

I have a family (CUZ) wedding to shoot in May, and while I own over 70 lenses, (all non fuji, I shoot manually) I normally don't shoot much flash. I'm thinking a flash setup would be a good investment, as i'm doing more portrait shots and the kids are going to be doing more events as they get older.

I've been considering the following:

For Stands, reflectors, etc.

Impact Multiboom Light Stand and Reflector Holder - 13' (4m) - I would like 2x, if have budget. Up for up for suggestions on a cheaper option?

Impact Umbrella Bracket with Adjustable Shoe. - up for suggestions on a cheaper option?

Spinlight 360 EXTREME Modular System for a defuser. - Looks ok, up for optiosn, prefer something sligher cheaper.

I have a Neewer Photographic Lighting Reflector Disc With Bag - Translucent, Silver, Gold, White, and Black - 43-inch / 110cm.

For Flashes

Nissin Di700A Flash Kit with Air 1 Commander for Fujifilm Cameras
or
a Cactus V6ii, and a lower cost non name brand flash. ( looking for options )

Another question on the Cactus V6ii: does it allow you to fire both a canon and non canon flash at once in the same group? aka I could perhaps re use my 430EX as a flash in group a, with a non name brand flash? I assume I need a receiver for each flash. Other options?

My goal is to keep this around $400-500.

I shoot with a X-T1;) so yes, the wireless triggers work with Fuji. Almost all wireless triggers will work on any camera. The firing pin position is the same. Where they get camera specific is for TTL metering.

Yes, it is all manual.

A Westcott rapid box kit should fit in your budget. I can't recommend that enough. It is a fantastic, and versatile modifier for a speedlight. And the kit includes a stand.

A Westcott rapid box kit should fit in your budget. I can't recommend that enough. It is a fantastic, and versatile modifier for a speedlight. And the kit includes a stand.

I know there are multiple ways to go, lights, flashes with umbrellas, I was thinking a TTL or HSS setup, would perhaps give me more flexibility as to future uses.

There are more than one kit, what are you referring to?

Back