Official Fuji Xspot Selfie/shots of members thread

Does this count? X-100S in Meikon underwater housing. My daughter always ends up in my pics, photo bomber.

Attachments

• 12710824_10208841112531631_6811908117328550998_o.jpg
    12710824_10208841112531631_6811908117328550998_o.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 98
Wheelying Over Chaos selfie, taken by a friend:

28323733323_a8bc7546b8_b.jpg
Damn right I wheelied it
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Going Away Party selfie, taken by same friend.
28771589952_f5fa90d62b_b.jpg
KBRX6570
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

On The (Unpaid Unofficial) Job selfie, taken while touring Pittsburgh:
28169659780_a7e0613b7f_b.jpg
KBRX0835
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Intervalometer selfie, Minneapolis:
27078033585_94fc67f872_b.jpg
KBRX6998
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Doing What I Do Best selfie, taken by 6 yr old daughter:
26607109622_fc197e6d62_b.jpg
KBRX4927
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Ektar 100 in Minolta XD-5 selfie:
26232525806_1ef52a2b86_b.jpg
A156956_018A-P
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Gosh golly you guys crack me up.
Some real "attitude" showing through in those shots, revealing wonderfully snarky personalities and talent to be sure. ;)

I typically don't get cameras pointed in my direction.... as I really have a better face for radio...

Alright, I got just a few.

Yeah, it's a cheesy hat, I know. But it was a gift from my mom!

0022.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Enjoying my passion (besides eating and photography). From a solo-trip around the Great Lakes.

unstably yours.jpg

Lastly (where it belongs..) a cell phone shot taken by a fellow rider. We were in northern Minnesota and were exploring the remains of a C.C.C. Camp from the 1920's or so.
A few artifacts remain on this unguided tour. This is probably the best indication of my true personality... (full of Sh-t).

poo.jpg

Hence my title "Unstable_Rider"

Your faux-BMW sticker just did a number on my brain. 50% of it was insisting "that's a KLR - look at the front fairing and swingarm!" and the other 50% said "yeahbut that's a beemer badge." And then some forgotten corner of my brain said "I think I saw a KLR sticker once, made to look like the BMW roundel..."

Your faux-BMW sticker just did a number on my brain. 50% of it was insisting "that's a KLR - look at the front fairing and swingarm!" and the other 50% said "yeahbut that's a beemer badge." And then some forgotten corner of my brain said "I think I saw a KLR sticker once, made to look like the BMW roundel..."

You have indeed busted me!

I actually don't have that bike any more, I graduated to it's ugly step cousin, the Versys.

More foolish motorcycle nonsense I conduct documented here on a site I own and typically neglect to maintain:

Unstable_Rider
www.unstablerider.com

The Versys is a smart bike. Usually gets lumped in with my old ride, the (2007 in my case) FZ6. I bought that thing brand new, put 53,000 miles on it mostly in the the first 6 years riding from Boston to Framingham and back for work every day, plus trips to VT and NH to go camping. Then I sold it when I moved out to Oregon, and haven't been able to justify the $ to replace it yet. Plus, I want to go with a sidecar rig for now. The whole family wants to come with...

A question I've always wanted to ask and what better place than this thread. How does one take a selfie that is pretty close to tack sharp, without using a mirror or other such reflection, camera on tripod, shutter release in hand? I'm totally missing how you would achieve focus. I should add that I lack anyone around here with opposable thumbs.

A question I've always wanted to ask and what better place than this thread. How does one take a selfie that is pretty close to tack sharp, without using a mirror or other such reflection, camera on tripod, shutter release in hand? I'm totally missing how you would achieve focus. I should add that I lack anyone around here with opposable thumbs.
I place something like a stool in the spot where I will be and manually focus on that with the camera on a tripod. I set the camera on 10 second delay, hit the shutter, then get in place. Then either move the stool or sit on it.

(Sharply focused selfies) Well, it's easier to use a wide depth of field, of course. But if you have to go thin, then here's my trick...

1. Figure out where the camera’s going to sit, and where you’re going to be.

2. Put the camera on 10 second timer and get whatever exposure settings you’re going to want dialed in. Watch that background brightness behind you!

3. Stand in the place you’ll be FOR THE PICTURE… stand right where you’re going to be photographed, in other words, put the camera to your eye, and focus it carefully on the spot where the camera is going to be when it takes your picture. Now lock that focus. I find it safer to be in MF for this, maaaybe because it will refocus if I don’t, when using the timer? I can’t remember if that’s true, but I think it happened to me, and I made a rule: “Put in in MF for this stuff.”

4. Walk over and set up the camera in its spot. Use the back screen to frame the shot correctly, verify your focus is still locked the way you had it.

5. Hit the button, run back to YOUR place, and wait for it to fire.

By doing this, you got the focus distance pretty much dead-on for your eyes, as long as you are standing in the same spot twice, and that you put the camera down where you pre-focused. I would never, ever let the damned thing hunt for me in AF on a timer.

Back