Fuji Official Fujifilm X100s Samples Posted

I find these just as unimpressive as the majority of the X20 samples. I don't get it - Fuji have all these X-photographers out using these cameras so surely they can come up with some good images, even without any post processing, can't they?

In my memory, this is pretty much the way everyone felt about the X100's first "samples" as well as the X10's. I was sure I wrote a comment similar to this one on the X20 samples thread but apparently I must have forgotten to hit "post".

I would not judge either of these cameras by these "samples". Heck, look at the X100's photo examples on Flickr and elsewhere and the same with the X10 - or for that matter look at some posted right here. When people know what they're doing with these cameras they sing and do it beautifully!

I understand that Fuji need to show unedited JPEGs in order to be honest about what the camera can do with the files as opposed to what the photographer/software can do with them after capture and I also understand that many of the mind blowing photos on Flickr or other sites have been significantly post processed, but I can't get over how poor some of these photos are for showcasing the camera. I don't doubt for a second that in most any semi-capable hands the X100s will be able to produce some astounding images, I'm just surprised Fuji chose not to put their cameras in any of them for the shots they are deciding to post to their website as samples.

I guess they just set the cameras (both X20 and X100S) to Program Auto, and gave them to some random guy in Amsterdam to take a couple of snaps.:whoo:

How about they at least get the exposure right? That shot of the river is at least a stop underexposed. I downloaded and tweaked it Photoshop and it just came to life. If you can't get decent samples, you shouldn't display ANY.

How about they at least get the exposure right? That shot of the river is at least a stop underexposed. I downloaded and tweaked it Photoshop and it just came to life. If you can't get decent samples, you shouldn't display ANY.

Also the horizon isn't even close to straight in the one of the train cars (and not skewed enough to look deliberate). I just don't understand what Fuji was trying to accomplish with these samples.

Back