Official SiJ 2017 - Day 1.

As was the case last year, the beginning of SIJ coincided with my vacation (holiday), thus it's only now that I'm getting around to posting my shots for the first week of the challenge. This time we traveled to Barcelona, Spain, which is quite a hike from Puerto Rico. We left Puerto Rico on the afternoon of the 30th, arriving at Barcelona on the afternoon of the 31st, after a delay which added more than 5 hours to an already very long flight. Nonetheless, Barcelona is an absolutely fantastic city, full of history, gorgeous architecture, and best of all, scrumptious food.

This first shot is of the Christopher Columbus Monument at the intersection of Las Ramblas and Passeig de Colón. For most of my architecture photos from this trip (at least the ones that I processed today) I opted for an IR simulation, using Color Efex, Silver Efex, and guidance from a You Tube video by a British photographer whose name escapes me at this time. We had fantastic weather, which also accounts for the brightness in most of the pictures.

Instead of the Leica, I ended up taking the Nikon Df with a 24-85mm 3.5-4.5 G zoom lens for a very silly reason: everyone I told about our Barcelona trip kept warning us about pickpockets. I honestly believe that was a lot of hogwash, as I felt very safe during our entire stay at Barcelona. Nevertheless, I figured if there was a chance that my camera or lens could get swiped, better the Nikon than the Leica. Next time I visit Barcelona, I will bring whatever gear I desire.

The 24-85 did quite well, and the VR came in handy in quite a few occasions.

In any event, here's my SIJ 2017 Day 1 shot:

full.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back