Fuji Oh Fuji ..Give us X100 with Touch and tilt Please

Hi Guys ..
I know many of other members wont agree but if I have to use X100 or X100s as a street shooting machine , then a tilt screen and touch LCD are sensible additions. I would love to a Fuji with tilt and Touch . What do u think ?
Cheers
Bhupinder

I guess this is one of those things... if you use a touch screen or tilt screen all the time, it's a big omission. On the other hand, I don't use either feature almost ever and I much prefer a smaller, cheaper, more solid (i.e. less moving parts) camera without them.

I love the tilt screen on my OM-D.That,and the ultra fast focus are what makes it such a great street machine for me.I've never used the touch focus/shutter.However,I definitely would not want that feature on my X100s.With the X,I have the LCD turned off and bring the camera to my eye to shoot.Two entirely different cameras with differing sets of features and strengths.
You don't have to use the X as a street machine, it can be much more than that.

I would not want that on my X100S.

The extra thickness/flimsiness for this camera is not worth it for me.

I have other camera bodies that do this.

With the X,I have the LCD turned off and bring the camera to my eye to shoot. Two entirely different cameras with differing sets of features and strengths. You don't have to use the X as a street machine, it can be much more than that.

Agree 100%. This is how I use my X100S as well. Occasionally I do use the LCD to frame low level shots, but I have no problem using the shutter button to take the shot. A touchscreen is completely unnecessary and would ruin then aesthetic appeal of this camera for me.

Okay fair enough ...

Now guys if Fuji gives you this hardward update in next Fuji X200 then what will you do? Wont u buy it? I am sure you will. Tilt LCD means u can shoot from hip level, from above the head . Touch screen - I agree ,its not a must have . But it makes scrolling thro menu easy.
Cheers

Now guys if Fuji gives you this hardward update in next Fuji X200 then what will you do? Wont u buy it? I am sure you will. Tilt LCD means u can shoot from hip level, from above the head . Touch screen - I agree ,its not a must have . But it makes scrolling thro menu easy.
Cheers

I'll go on record by saying I doubt that Fuji will do this. It goes against their apparent "bring back the basics" design philosophy. Remember, there's still hybrid viewfinder & manual focus improvements still to be made along with autofocus improvements too.

Perhaps in a new non-retro body - but I don't see it being incorporated in any of their classic designs....

More technology doesn't equate to "better"....;)

Now guys if Fuji gives you this hardward update in next Fuji X200 then what will you do? Wont u buy it? I am sure you will. ...

I'm certain I won't...

I don't believe that a "Swiss Army Knife" camera like the Canon G series is in keeping with the way the chaps at Fuji are (hopefully) thinking.

Sent from another Galaxy

Just because the camera has a feature doesn't mean you're compelled to use it. If Fuji is able to incorporate these changes without significantly/noticeably changing the dimensions and maintaining build quality, what's the downside? Simply ignore these functions especially since they do not require extra buttons.
For touch to shoot to useful, the AF will have to be to be drastically improved (which at the moment doesn't seem very high on Fuji's list). As previously mentioned, a touch screen would/does make scrolling through menus easier.
A tilt screen is absolutely wonderful. It increases the use ability of a camera in many instances. Want your models to look more relaxed? Shoot at waist level using the tilt screen which allows the model to see your face instead of a cold machine. Wanna get the camera at ground level and have full control over the composition, use the tilt screen. Have the camera mounted on the tripod at a weird angle, use the tilt screen to make composing easier. Don't use any of these methods, ignore the tilt screen and shoot as usual.

^ except that a tilt/touch screen in typically DOES noticeably change the dimensions (and price) of the camera its implemented on. Seeing as Fuji is currently specifying 480k pixel rear screens on their cameras (X100/X100S/X-E1) to keep costs down/maximize profits, surely if a tilt or touch screen was added, the price of the camera will go up. I for one am fine with the camera the way it is and wouldn't want to pay more for a feature I'd rarely use and that would change the shape/style of the camera. I certainly realize that they are useful - for example, I like the tilt feature of the V-F2 on my m43 camera, but I wouldn't want one on a retro rangefinder styled camera like the X100/X100S

Firstly, I did put a big "if" in front of my statement.
Secondly, I don't see how having a tilt screen necessarily change the overall dimensions.
And lastly, you're already paying for features you don't use (unless of course you're asserting that you use every feature on the camera), so you're already paying for features you don't use (as almost all of us do). I use the simplest, barebones digital interchangeable camera and even on it I do not use all of the available features.
Added features become troublesome when they start interfering with the operating a camera. Neither a tilt screen nor touch screen (assuming an option for turning it off is available) are things that would cause such interference.

^ except that a tilt/touch screen in typically DOES noticeably change the dimensions (and price) of the camera its implemented on. Seeing as Fuji is currently specifying 480k pixel rear screens on their cameras (X100/X100S/X-E1) to keep costs down/maximize profits, surely if a tilt or touch screen was added, the price of the camera will go up. I for one am fine with the camera the way it is and wouldn't want to pay more for a feature I'd rarely use and that would change the shape/style of the camera. I certainly realize that they are useful - for example, I like the tilt feature of the V-F2 on my m43 camera, but I wouldn't want one on a retro rangefinder styled camera like the X100/X100S

the eye level viewfinder is at the very core of the X100 shooting experience. I rarely compose ON THE X100 using the rear screen because the viewfinder is so pleasurable. I think it would be a bit like a GPS navigation system in a 50s sports car. Sure you could use it and it may make it easier to get around and find places, but it would change the experience and not for the better.

just my 2 cents

Back