Oh, SNAP!

a quick snap of my lamp shade...

9unybe8a.jpg

here's the Union Photo Messenger i got from that dirt-cheap deal i posted some time ago at the deals section. an addition to the Union Kit Messenger i picked up for dirt-cheap as well as posted. finally took the time to take some quick snaps...

unionphotomessenger-01front_zps37866868.jpg

unionphotomessenger-05dividers_zps6e74d409.jpg

unionphotomessenger-04batteries_zps86a013be.jpg

^
flash trigger & receiver and couple more batteries not in photo

unionphotomessenger-06items_zps69cc1bf0.jpg

^
cage not in photo

forgot to show the rear insert/sleeve with my electronics wipes.

i don't think i've posted pics of my Kenti on here, yet.

compared to my Lowepro Photo Hatchback 16L AW...

_RFG0032_zps70d8ca8b.jpg

_RFG0033_zpsb3855185.jpg

_RFG0034_zpsc8f131f9.jpg

_RFG0036_zps75491227.jpg

^
stacked with a couple of outfits.

_RFG0044_zpsd3bc7a90.jpg

_RFG0040_zps43d43c8d.jpg

_RFG0041_zps7176bcff.jpg

^
they provide plenty of dividers. i still have one left over. every single divider is completely removable. oh, and the padding all around the bag is thick and tough.

and so here's how i've set mine up...

_RFG0037_zpsd8c54117.jpg

^
there's a section for a water bladder, if you're into that. a my 13" macbook air fits pretty tight. it does have a vinyl wrap and a clear spek case on it though. however, i'm using that section for my filters inside their jewel cases.

_RFG0039_zps30a49efa.jpg

^
i keep my MBAir in the dedicated laptop partition inside the main compartment

_RFG0063_zps605b7488.jpg

^
i always have this stuff with me for all my bags

_RFG0064_zps198d8797.jpg

^
the front flap really only allows mainly flat items

_RFG0045_zpsae72d08e.jpg

^
and that's with the battery grip and RRS vertical plate

_RFG0046_zps9b34c571.jpg

^
that longer section has just over 7" before the upper divider which can be un-velcroed out of the way for extra room. just enough for the 50-140mm (under 7" without caps) i plan to get.

_RFG0058_zps8e828a19.jpg

_RFG0049_zps11bb789a.jpg

^
what it looks like with the bag under my arm, hanging from my left shoulder, for quickly getting any one of my primes. you can the same with the other side (which i like), but i prefer my left arm as that's what feels natural to me.

_RFG0050_zps4c77ddbf.jpg

_RFG0052_zps566e35e9.jpg

^
two speedlites in the main compartment. i can still throw in a windbreaker and whatnot since the roll-up top is sort-of adjustable.

_RFG0053_zpsf481b88b.jpg

^
the molle attachment system on the left-side waste belt accommodates different width straps, which allowed me to add on my natgeo pouch. there's room for a second one.

_RFG0057_zpsb150c76e.jpg

^
for quick and easy use, i have my grey card on a clip system, connected to the left-side ster

_RFG0054_zpsad32951d.jpg

^
it's to have certain things readily available in front of me without needing to go into the bag

_RFG0060_zpsb5b3f760.jpg

^
the built-in pouch on the right-side waste belt is nice to keep all my batteries up front where i can quickly grab them. i'm able to fit all my various batteries in there. it's nice that the bag is weather proof with nice YKK zippers.

_RFG0062_zpsaa806b47.jpg

^
the shoulder strap from my domke gripper strap system allows me to unclip the strap and fasten my X-E2 to the loops, one on either side of the f-stop shoulder straps. it's pretty convenient.

_RFG0065_zpse164efd6.jpg

^
finally, i'm able to strap on my travel tripod...

_RFG0066_zpsf5cd3ac8.jpg

^
as well as my travel light stand w/umbrella

the kenti allows me to strap on a tripod and carry my laptop which the hatchback doesn't allow. only thing the kenti doesn't allow me to carry, is a water bottle, which the hatchback allows two (one on either side). i'd have to pack it into the main compartment of the kenti, or actually purchase the hydration pack system. all in all, i love, love, love this mountain-/day-pack.

yeap. just wanted a journal thread to post all my things photography (ie: gear, photos, etc.) like i have for one of my subaru forums.

most of that gear also fits in the lowepro just perfectly, minus the
tripod & light stand, laptop, and there wouldn't be room for the 50-140mm. but for something small for just the primes, the lowepro works fine. it's an all-weather bag as well, and has the rain jacket.

i'm still waiting for a camera divider insert thing for an old soft cotton messenger bag i want the option to repurpose, to deliver. pics of that to come...

so, here's the Tenba 638-251 messenger photo insert...

_RFG0001_zps7f2b6924.jpg

_RFG0002_zps6c5bca9d.jpg

_RFG0004_zps016981f9.jpg

_RFG0006_zpsfdcf98fa.jpg

_RFG0005_zps2335294b.jpg

^
with two speedlites just for reference. i was too lazy to grab one of my other bodies or lenses.

_RFG0007_zps85425e08.jpg

_RFG0008_zps0551b96b.jpg

of all the different dimensions of inserts i was was researching, this was the nearest match to my messenger bag dimensions as if it were made for it. the velcro on the front flap even lines up, now.

the padding on the insert is pretty thick. as thick as any other quality dedicated camera bag. definitely thicker than the padding on my two domkes though. the outside of the bag, now, has a thickness of about 5.5". i would have liked it to be thinner than that, and possibly have softer padding to have a more softer overall (and form-fitting) bag, but i probably would need to have a thinner bag to begin with, with yet another near-perfect matching insert. i think i would get annoyed having an insert of smaller dimensions than that of the bag.

based on it's size, it's probably a tad smaller than the size of the lowepro pro messenger 200 AW i used to have, but much cheaper. though, that pro messenger is an awesome dedicated messenger bag that's all-weather proof with a rain jacket.

i'm definitely liking it.. at the moment. but i always have the option to remove the insert anyway.

20141217_134758_1_zpsxxgdvn92.jpg

_RFG0001-2_zps6c7fcee4.jpg

^
it's not as big as i was expecting it to be, based on the images and talks around the internets. next to it is the minolta beercan.

_RFG0002-2_zpse7117f02.jpg

^
i actually have it facing up so it's not sitting on the filter.

at first-use, first thing i notice is how seemingly quick and silent focus is (even when on the xe2 - haven't tried the xt1 yet). when you have your ear up to it though, you can hear stuffs working. i noticed that when tilting from straight forward to straight up while in image preview (regardless of OIS on or off), you can hear the innards shift around. out of preview mode (again, regardless of OIS on or off), tilting seems fine. finally, the optical sharpness stands out even wide open. i'm don't even like zooms, but i'm already loving this one. and the 5 stops of OIS helps further when hand-held. all the rings feel very wheel dampened. the aperture is the best i've felt next to the xf35, but 100x better. i especially like that i can rack the zoom from one end to the other in less than a quarter turn. maybe because it's new, (and i had the same ugly feeling when connecting the hood to the xf56), but it was a pain to get on there. i really like the design of the hood on the m.zuiko 40-150mm. wish a third-party could give us something like that.

Back