Fuji Ok, here we go....

ManningT

Rookie
xt20 with the 18-55mm f/2.8 to 4

Or

Xt1 with 18-55 f/2.8 to 4 and xf 35mm f/2 r wr lens

Both are the same price.

Which one for a first Fuji camera?

That is a tough call. If you don't need the weather sealing, or ergonomics of the larger body. Then I would go with the X-T20 for the newer sensor, and all the benefits that come with it.

I agree. The larger sensor is a significant improvement. Personally I am not too keen on the ergonomics of the XT-double digit range; they don't fit my hands - but that would be a good starter set if, as Bobby says, the "pro" features of the X-T1 don't matter to you. The 18-55 is a top class lens and is a great "entry point" to the now quite extensive range of Fuji glass.

XT-20/2 will still receive Kaizen updates until the lines are refreshed.

XT-1/2 have higher magnification, so the EVF view looks enormous.

XT-1/2 have more physical controls if you prefer dedicated dials/buttons compared to reprogramming FN buttons. For some people, this is a make/break pref.

16MP is no slouch, but the bar is now solidly at 24MP for APS-C cameras. You get some improvements at high end, and access to the Acros film simulation.

Not trying to lean you one way or the other, just some considerations to ponder.

Wanted to say thanks for the help in picking out a camera. I went for the Xt1. The larger grip, view finder, and the deal with a free 35mm was hard to turn down. The price for the xt2 is just to hard to justify for a casual shooter.

Back