Okay, I'm working again!

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
Good news: I'm hired. I know some of you have seen my "End of an Era" and "Steel Mill Portraits" series celebrating the place and people where I used to work. My job ended because they closed the mill on November 8th and I was processed out on November 11th.

This was the best job interview I've ever had and more like colleagues chatting for an hour and a half about engineering than some kind of "interrogation". I'll be making a little more than I was at my old job and with much better benefits. Thank you, Jesus!

They came after me which was very nice. I got a call from their HR department requesting my resume. Final icing on the cake is they called with an offer just 3 hours after I left the interview. I'm very grateful.

I start December 9th.

I am very happy for you. Maybe there was an element of luck in it, but the best part was certainly your experience and qualities. So, go back to work and photography - just hope the new place is as photogenic as the old one!

(y) That's great to hear. Good luck in your new rôle - hopefully it will prove interesting and fulfilling. I hope, too, that your former colleagues are having success finding new employment.

I'm also hoping (somewhat selfishly, I admit...;)) that your new job will provide us with a new source of photos, in the same way that the previous one did...! :)

(y) That's great to hear. Good luck in your new rôle - hopefully it will prove interesting and fulfilling. I hope, too, that your former colleagues are having success finding new employment.

I'm also hoping (somewhat selfishly, I admit...;)) that your new job will provide us with a new source of photos, in the same way that the previous one did...! :)

Thanks -- both for the congratulations and the praise for the photos I got! I must also admit that I am selfishly hoping for similar opportunities at some of the new places I will visit in the new job. Time will tell...

Back