Old Family Portrait

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
This photo dates back to about 1924. The father is John F. Pimentel. He immigrated to America from the Azores through Ellis Island in the first decade of 20th century. His family moved to Fall River, Massachusetts, because the city had a large community of Portuguese immigrants. This photo was recently posted by the son of older boy on the left on the Fall River Facebook page. My wife and I are both from Fall River and the little boy in the middle is my father-in-law. He would have around 100-years-old in 2020.
IMG_5273.jpeg

I scanned pictures from my grandmother’s album to share with my uncles and their sister, my mother. Really fascinating photos from the past. Reminds one that taking photographs is extremely important, we just should ensure that the most valuable gems will survive in the digital era also.

That's amazing! Wow, how cool it is to have such a family portrait! I'm sure the whole family is so proud to have it. It's awesome that your father-in-law is 100 years old - that's a pretty impressive age! It's also really cool that your wife and you are from Fall River. I've heard a lot of great things about the community there. At fosterplus.org , they love to hear stories about families like yours. They have tons of resources and tips for people looking to foster and adopt children. So if you're interested in learning more, they'd be happy to help!

Last edited:
Back