Leica Old school style B&W with the M240 with the 28mm Elmarit f2.8 and the 50mm Summilux f1.4

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
"Whatta Dame!"

Great pics from the shoot, Manuel! Looks like you had the station to yourselves, good timing?

Mijo

Veteran
Apr 11, 2013
San Francisco
The first image is my favorite from the set, b/c of the composition. The focus looks off on the last image, it appears to be on the model's shoulder rather than her eyes / face (I'm not sure if that's what you were going for or not).

Those were the only two lens I had for a long time, I really liked that two lens combo. Sold the elmarit and really regret it now.

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
I expect to see Humphrey Bogart sitting next to her, "Whistling"...

Great shots. If you ever come across a Summarit 5cm F1.5, or a Xenon 5cm f1.5- would be really interesting for a shoot like this.

rflove

Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
My model found this neat Railroad Museum hidden in plain sight! She wanted a shoot there in a "character" style. Being a weekday in the afternoon, we had the place for ourselves. I like shooting her, she knows how to pose and understands light and location. I shoot with ambient light and sometimes my old eyes just can't see the the RF screen very well in dim light... These shots were all fairly long exposures and I had to use a tripod, shooting from 2 feet off the ground in cramped quarters was a bit of a challenge too, but lots of fun!.

I think we will return to the place again for more shooting with better color clothing. And anyway, I want to shoot the old locomotives, cars, etc. The place is really quite wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:

christilou

Legend
Jul 13, 2010
Sunny Frimley
Excellent photos and lovely model, it makes a nice change to see a more mature lady and her confidence shows :). I took out my Zeiss 25mm for the last half hour at Goodwood and was amazed by how much more freedom the wider angle gives over the 50 that I normally use. Feeling inspired to use it more now:)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom