Leica Old school style B&W with the M240 with the 28mm Elmarit f2.8 and the 50mm Summilux f1.4

rflove

Veteran
Today's shoot B&W developed with Perfect B&W 9 Suite and LR5
L1009069-Edit.jpg
L1009076-Edit.jpg
L1009081-Edit.jpg
L1009092-Edit.jpg
L1009096.jpg
L1009108-Edit.jpg

The first image is my favorite from the set, b/c of the composition. The focus looks off on the last image, it appears to be on the model's shoulder rather than her eyes / face (I'm not sure if that's what you were going for or not).

Those were the only two lens I had for a long time, I really liked that two lens combo. Sold the elmarit and really regret it now.

I expect to see Humphrey Bogart sitting next to her, "Whistling"...

Great shots. If you ever come across a Summarit 5cm F1.5, or a Xenon 5cm f1.5- would be really interesting for a shoot like this.

My model found this neat Railroad Museum hidden in plain sight! She wanted a shoot there in a "character" style. Being a weekday in the afternoon, we had the place for ourselves. I like shooting her, she knows how to pose and understands light and location. I shoot with ambient light and sometimes my old eyes just can't see the the RF screen very well in dim light... These shots were all fairly long exposures and I had to use a tripod, shooting from 2 feet off the ground in cramped quarters was a bit of a challenge too, but lots of fun!.

I think we will return to the place again for more shooting with better color clothing. And anyway, I want to shoot the old locomotives, cars, etc. The place is really quite wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent photos and lovely model, it makes a nice change to see a more mature lady and her confidence shows :). I took out my Zeiss 25mm for the last half hour at Goodwood and was amazed by how much more freedom the wider angle gives over the 50 that I normally use. Feeling inspired to use it more now:)

Back