Leica Oldie but Goodie - Leica Digilux 2

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
Not been posting much since I sold off my M8. But then I came across a few great Digilux 2 articles over the last two weeks (including, inevitably in the D2 world, great overviews by Thorsten Overgaard and John Thawley) and was so amazed by the photos and smitten by the very Leica analog look of the camera that I had to find one. I got a great model on eBay for a crazy price, and it arrived yesterday. While a little on the large side, it is no more bulky than the Fuji X-Pro 1, is much lighter than an M3 or M8, and does have wonderful control placement. The EVF is not as bad as it is made out to be, and the integrated focus assist when shooting in Manual Focus mode works well, as does the AF.

I really hope this one is a keeper; great images, indeed, despite the supposed limitation of its 5 MB file. Not bad for a 10 year old digital camera. All shot on JPEG at ISO 200; minor PP on LR 4.4.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Two BW conversions with LR 4.4:

attachment.php

attachment.php

They look good to me- I've occasionally check Ebay to see when the price comes down on these. Time to check!

And- your M3 shots are always welcome! I need to get mine out as well.

Hadn't seen this until today - really amazing for "old" camera. The red berries were a nice surprise, as was the b&w landscape at the end.

Hadn't seen this until today - really amazing for "old" camera. The red berries were a nice surprise, as was the b&w landscape at the end.

Thanks, Dale. I was also very pleasantly surprised with the "pop" of the berries, both in terms of color against the gray wall and the shallow depth of field.

Back