Micro 4/3 Oly omd em-1 mk II vs Panasonic G95

The X-S10 is actually smaller and lighter. Here's both cameras with 24-120mm EFOV lenses. The Fuji combo is slightly smaller and only a few grams heavier. You just don't have full WR with the Fuji combo. Compact Camera Meter
Huh. They do weight almost the same. That 16-80 has some weight to it. Switch over to a trinity of primes and it's a very light camera.

Hi, I'm considering these 2 camera's. Does anyone have experience with 1 or both? Since the lens I'm inquiring about are pany lens. I might as well get 1 lens thrown in with the body for free. What is the performance like with both? Are they comparable? I already have the omd em 1 mark I

Thanks,

ps: Video is a non factor
I have tried, not owned, both and I agree with the others that the E-M1 II just has that tailor-made feel.

The E-M1 II, for me, is one of those cameras that mark the maturity of the MFT system, just like the GX85, where you only buy one and keep it for a very long time because newer updates/upgrades don't matter too much. The E-M1 III looks like a software-updated E-M1 II and the GX9 is a minor update to the GX85. The G95, is, on the other hand, looks like a minor update to the G85.

The G95 uses CDAF and it is good for long exposures because it does not have the PDAF artifacts that the E-M1 II and other PDAF systems have, but those artifacts are very well-suppressed in SooCs and can be removed/mitigated in post. RawTherapee has a really good PDAF artifact removing tool.

If you are into birding, EVF lag is permanent no matter the technology but Olympus/OM System mitigates that by using ProCapture in the E-M1 II where upon pressing the shutter button halfway, the camera records 60 full-frame fps and keeps them upon full shutter press. If you like photographing kingfishers just before their beaks touch the water, ProCapture is just golden. ProCapture saves time, according to many birders in the Northern Hemisphere.

I own both the EM1.1 and EM1.2 The EM1.2 is one of the nicest feeling "small" cameras I've ever handled. The grip just feels tailor made to my hand.
Same with mine and I have awkward upper-upper medium-sized hands with big thick knuckles that require large-sized gloves but the fingers need more length.
I think it could be in large part due to the nice molded thumb rest area on these Olympus bodies?
The material may contribute to that, as well. The mold is grippy but not sticky.
+1 another camera that fit just like a glove in my hands was a Pentax K3 to a T ! and it shot 8 frames a second for an oldie
Good you mentioned that. I am already enjoying the grip of the K200D but was told recently that newer Pentax cameras, especially the K-3, which can still be bought brand new, have 1000x better grip (and performance) than this.

The Fuji is nice but that's a whole new ecosystem, I just need some better lens for my Oly or see if the Mark II will be marked down during the holidays. Thanks for the useful comments

I am new on this forum, but a regular contributor to the mu-43 forum. I have an E-M1.3 (not .2), but I believe the handling is supposed to be very similar. As @John King said, the camera is amazing to hold and use. Even though I prefer the E-M5.3 for a lot of uses because of its lighter weight and size, the E-M1.3 is just about perfect to hold and use.

As far as the G95, one BIG difference between it and the E-M1.2 (or .3) is that it does not have tripod High Res. For me this would be a deal breaker. As far as I know, the G9 is the only Pany m43 camera that has hi-res.

Speaking of the G9, as others have mentioned, it isn't all that much more expensive than the G95. I guess the G9 is larger (one reason I would NOT consider it for myself), but otherwise it seems like a better deal than the G95 if you want to get a Pany.

DpReview YouTube channel has a good comparison between the E-M1.3 and the G9 which you could take a look at:

I think it could help you decide, especially if you consider the G9 instead of the G95.

Regardless, I'd go for the E-M1.2, end of story! :)

Back