Panolyman

All-Pro
Name
Brian
I'm new here and have searched and searched for a showcase for this lens but couldn't find one.
I (hope) I've now created one, but if the moderators find one please delete this and redirect me.

Anyway, for my first image on this forum I thought I'd treat you to a typical sunset shot, taken just down the road from where I live.
It's from Newgale beach in Pembrokeshire, looking out towards the St.David's Peninsula.

2112-38 EM10:3-14:42.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm new here and have searched and searched for a showcase for this lens but couldn't find one.
I (hope) I've now created one, but if the moderators find one please delete this and redirect me.

Anyway, for my first image on this forum I thought I'd treat you to a typical sunset shot, taken just down the road from where I live.
It's from Newgale beach in Pembrokeshire, looking out towards the St.David's Peninsula.

View attachment 374823
That's very nice Brian.

View attachment 374823
That is a nice sunset. The lens is such a great little thing. When I got an epl3 a bunch of years ago I totally fell in love with the size of that tiny lens. And it performs very nicely too.

Looking south towards Mt. Shasta (in California) from the mountainous border with Oregon. This ultra-tiny kit lens has been maligned for softness or less-than-optimal optical quality, but in my (admittedly limited) experience with it, it is surprising me, in good ways.

EM5_Mar16_24_looking_south_to_Mt._Shasta.jpg

Cross-posted in the Daily Challenge thread, as well.

Looking south towards Mt. Shasta (in California) from the mountainous border with Oregon. This ultra-tiny kit lens has been maligned for softness or less-than-optimal optical quality, but in my (admittedly limited) experience with it, it is surprising me, in good ways.

View attachment 455056

Cross-posted in the Daily Challenge thread, as well.
Very nice shot, Miguel.

In spite of sample variation, this is a much maligned lens, IMO.
When it will produce results such as yours, or mine below, it's not an accident!

E-PM2_JAK_2022-_PM20404_eW.jpg

Back